The Student Room Group

How the he’ll to shave DOWN THERE 🪒

I’ve struggled with shaving down there all my life. I have listened to every guru, read every article and tried so many products at this point I’m tired and feel like I’m never going to be loved. How is a guy ever supposed to get turned on when it is a mass of razor rash and ingrown hairs down there? It’s especially bad on the underwear line between my legs, it’s horrible and so embarrassing. I change my razors regularly, use a proper shaving cream and moisture it afterwards with a balm made especially for that area. Still I just keep getting razor rash and ingrown hairs. Everyone keeps saying to go with the hair direction but when I do that the hair is still there! My confidence is so low I don’t think I could ever get naked infront of a guy
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve struggled with shaving down there all my life. I have listened to every guru, read every article and tried so many products at this point I’m tired and feel like I’m never going to be loved. How is a guy ever supposed to get turned on when it is a mass of razor rash and ingrown hairs down there? It’s especially bad on the underwear line between my legs, it’s horrible and so embarrassing. I change my razors regularly, use a proper shaving cream and moisture it afterwards with a balm made especially for that area. Still I just keep getting razor rash and ingrown hairs. Everyone keeps saying to go with the hair direction but when I do that the hair is still there! My confidence is so low I don’t think I could ever get naked infront of a guy

Try not shaving. You don't have to shave. Hair is natural. If any guy thinks you're disgusting or whatever for having hair where you're supposed to then they're not the guy for you. Or, if you really want to remove your hair, try other methods of removal like waxing. But please don't feel like you must shave or be hairless down there, because you really don't. Be confident in your own skin (and hair).
Trim, don't shave. Or try hair removal cream.
You do not have to shave. I know you may feel that society dictates that you should but you shouldn’t have to. Females with pubic hair are just as beautiful as those without. My partner frequently grows all of her pubes, as does our 15yo daughter (we are naturists). Try keeping some hair there - you will be just as beautiful.
(edited 3 years ago)
If you don't want to shave, don't. If you can't do it, then don't. My boyfriend doesn't care.
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
Trim, don't shave. Or try hair removal cream.

no dont use hair removale cream it damages down there it says it on most of the tubes
Original post by scratch1
no dont use hair removale cream it damages down there it says it on most of the tubes

there are ones formulated specifically for the bikini area

you don’t have to shave for a guy but it is personal preference. my hair down there is really dark and coarse so i get your problem.
what i’d recommend:
1. using a men’s razor - they work a lot better in my opinion
2. before shaving soak the hair in warm water - it opens the hair follicles and softens the hair
3. shave with conditioner - it softens the hair also
4. shave downwards, then upwards and then side to side. you’re more likely to get a smoother shave
5. after shaving, put cold water or ice on the area you shaved, it closes the hair follicles
6. apply aloe vera after, it reduces razor bumps

in my experience, you’re more likely to get less razor bumps and ingrown hairs doing it like this. please don’t expect to have no hair at all down there after shaving, you’ll always be able to see it a bit unless you wax

hope this helps, please don’t feel insecure about it. every girl i know struggles with shaving including myself haha :smile:

I've done it before and caused no harm, I stopped however because the cream smells horrible
Don't shave . Hairy vagina is the best kind for receieving oral

I use it just fine
You could go to a salon and get it waxed smooth?
Go for what you think is best for you. If you don't want to shave then don't do it. If you do I think it's best to trim first, then shave. I'm going to warn you that it is really itchy after you shave/trim. If you don't want it to itch then go to a salon and get it waxed professionally. Personally, I just trim/shave maybe once every 3-4 weeks.
Have you tried trimming or using an electric shaver?

Hi
I’m a beauty therapist and have come across so many girls with the same sort of problem as you. From experience a lot of the time the problem is not what you think it is , that is , the way you are shaving . I suspect if you know the direction to shave then this is not the cause .
What I suspect is you are shaving too often maybe ? This can cause irritation . The skin down there is very very sensitive, so obviously if a razor is going over it too often it can cause a whole list of problems like ignoring hairs .
- Also what do you use to shave . Anything with chemicals and fragrances in it be it conditioner , shaving foam , hair removal cream , WILL cause damage to the skin . It’s not a matter of if but when . Try using natural stuff like olive and coconut oil .
-Make sure you wash and exfoliate your problem areas like the bikini line regularly to avoid sweat ect building up .
- the best thing for pubic hair is a wax as the hair gets pulled out of the root completely leaving it smooth without causing skin irritation and without the use of harsh chemicals
feel free to message for more info 🤍
I can definitely recommend coconut oil, especially if you're going for 100% smooth.

Quick Reply