The Student Room Group

non serious relationship?

We are in a relationship. He is German and I'm from Belgium. He moved back to Newcastle from Brussels to stay with me and friends and we were together until we decided to fly to our own countries instead of staying together as we were.
So he flew back to Germany and I went back to Brussels.

Most couples have stayed together but in our case, both of us decided to go back to our own countries instead of staying with each other in Newcastle.

Would you consider it as a sign of a non serious relationship ? In short our relationships main base was a large set of mutual friends, same social campaigning and sex. Our relationship has been quite sexual.

I'm 22. He's 25.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
We are in a relationship. He is German and I'm from Belgium. He moved back to Newcastle from Brussels to stay with me and friends and we were together until we decided to fly to our own countries instead of staying together as we were.

Most couples have stayed together but in our case, both of us decided to go back to our own countries instead of staying with each other in Newcastle.

Would you consider it as a sign of a non serious relationship ? In short our relationships main base was a large set of mutual friends, same social campaigning and sex. Our relationship has been quite sexual.

I'm 22. He's 25.

we were together until we decided to fly to our own countries instead of staying together as we were after the university closed due to covid
Sounds casual, not serious.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Sounds casual, not serious.

Why?
Hi OP, what's your favourite warm drink. Is it hot chocolate?
Why?

You chose to go your separate ways, rather than stay together.
Sounds like the average causal uni relationship revolving around sex, shared friendship group, campaigning interests and personal convenience.
When the sexual lust fizzles out or gets boring, the relationship is not convenient any more and both people move on.
Sounds like the average causal uni relationship revolving around sex, shared friendship group, campaigning interests and personal convenience.
When the sexual lust fizzles out or gets boring, the relationship is not convenient any more and both people move on.

That kind of sounds familiar, doesn't it...
Reply 7

Thank you for your response :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
Hi OP, what's your favourite warm drink. Is it hot chocolate?

No its coffee :smile: Whats yours?
Reply 9
That kind of sounds familiar, doesn't it...

No it does not. I see you are here to do something. But very politely I ask you not to because my question is serious and for you to come and start reporting threads and speaking ill of my post is very mean and bullish so please stop your hurtful posts :smile:
Reply 10

Casual.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Casual.

For one reason? We are into BLM campaigns and have been since 4 years. But wasn't the Coronavirus was very important so how can going separate ways mean bad?
I actively despise hot chocolate, especially the 66 vintage.

Good. Despise hot chocolate or 66 vintage . Why are you saying this to me on a thread about my relations and corona? Maybe you are here to bully :smile:
No it does not. I see you are here to do something. But very politely I ask you not to because my question is serious and for you to come and start reporting threads and speaking ill of my post is very mean and bullish so please stop your hurtful posts :smile:

What makes you think I have reported it?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14

I'm 22. He's 25.

Its a fwb relationship! You are simply connected by sex- not emotional care !
What makes you think I have reported it?

"actively despise hot chocolate, especially the 66 vintage"

You wrote this. I cannot say what your intentions are but you seem like someone who will report and say hurtful things :smile: you have not posted one comment about my question. If you are genuine you would not be doing this :smile:
Reply 16
For one reason? We are into BLM campaigns and have been since 4 years. But wasn't the Coronavirus was very important so how can going separate ways mean bad?

Theres nothing wrong with a casual relationship, so I wouldnt call it 'bad'. It just doesnt sound serious, seeing as its mostly based on sex and mutual friends.
Original post by mgi
Its a fwb relationship! You are simply connected by sex- not emotional care !

Yes you told me & I understand. Only thing is we are not seeing each other except for sexting, sending nudes the rest you know so you could say we have a bond?
Reply 18
Yes you told me & I understand. Only thing is we are not seeing each other except for sexting, sending nudes the rest you know so you could say we have a bond?

Yes, you do have a bond if you sleep with someone anyway. But it sounds as though you want a deeper more caring relationship? Does he treat you really well? Does he miss you? Do you feel really cared for by him?
You could find out quite easily though...
Original post by mgi
Yes, you do have a bond if you sleep with someone anyway. But it sounds as though you want a deeper more caring relationship? Does he treat you really well? Does he miss you? Do you feel really cared for by him?
You could find out quite easily though...

We both say to we miss each other. But the whole going separate ways due covid is not a good sign?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending