The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Psychological Sciences 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rose104
My application was also unsuccessful! I applied part-time. Have a background in philosophy, masters and a foundation certificate in psychodynamic counselling. Really wish we could have had feedback :frown:

Ah I'm sorry to hear this :frown: yes really frustrating not to be able to get feedback. Do you have other options you're considering?
Reply 41
Original post by autumnal
Ah I'm sorry to hear this :frown: yes really frustrating not to be able to get feedback. Do you have other options you're considering?

Thanks, yeah I'm considering a few things... I was thinking of Birkbeck as I believe they are still taking applications. I also thought of Kings College as they have postgraduate certs and diplomas in neuroscience and mental health. I am also thinking of going down the straight psychotherapy training route instead of doing a psychology degree first after all. It has certainly given me food for thought!
I just got my offer! Any idea how long it takes for the official letter of recommendation to come through?
Original post by farahahah
I just got my offer! Any idea how long it takes for the official letter of recommendation to come through?

That's awesome. Congratulations! ☺️ When did your application become complete and what's your background more or less?
Original post by beenie2000
That's awesome. Congratulations! ☺️ When did your application become complete and what's your background more or less?

Thank you !

It was complete by May 28th. Would defo recommend sending an email to admissions if you've been waiting long!

Finishing bachelor's in art history, but with some experience and am currently working in dementia and mental health charities.
Reply 45
congrats to everybody who managed to get an offer! I am currently in my third year at St. Andrews, and I am looking forward to applying to UCL as well. UCL seems like a brilliant place to study MSc Psych.

To all offer holders:
Any tips for future applicants? Why do you think you were successful applicant (e.g. Volunteer lab work, etc.)?
Original post by farahahah
Thank you !

It was complete by May 28th. Would defo recommend sending an email to admissions if you've been waiting long!

Finishing bachelor's in art history, but with some experience and am currently working in dementia and mental health charities.

Oh, nice! That's a pretty quick turnaround. I think they closed submissions a couple of weeks ago, so I imagine everything will get processed pretty speedily now.

My second reference was confirmed as submitted on the 18th May, but I didn't receive confirmation of submission payment until 5th June, even though I'd paid mid-May. So I'm not too sure where I'm the pile mine is sitting.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm just going to be patient 😊 Congratulations again!
Original post by beenie2000
Oh, nice! That's a pretty quick turnaround. I think they closed submissions a couple of weeks ago, so I imagine everything will get processed pretty speedily now.

My second reference was confirmed as submitted on the 18th May, but I didn't receive confirmation of submission payment until 5th June, even though I'd paid mid-May. So I'm not too sure where I'm the pile mine is sitting.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm just going to be patient 😊 Congratulations again!

Wishing you all the best! If you haven't already you should email admissions. I did it last week because I had a couple offers that I would have to confirm by the end of the month and UCL was my first choice. I think it was another reason they got back to so quickly.
Original post by RedRobe
congrats to everybody who managed to get an offer! I am currently in my third year at St. Andrews, and I am looking forward to applying to UCL as well. UCL seems like a brilliant place to study MSc Psych.

To all offer holders:
Any tips for future applicants? Why do you think you were successful applicant (e.g. Volunteer lab work, etc.)?

Hello - I got accepted and applied in march :-) - my advices are: I really tried to explain my interest in (psychological) research/ an academic career in the SOP and my interest in learning new research techniques (+ why it is important to gain an additional profound knowledge in psychology in general - as my background is more economics/ business but I want to work more with analyzing human behaviour/ economic behaviour) + that I want to pursue a PhD;- I only did one research internship for 3 months in the area of computational social sciences, so I worked a lot with data analysis/ programming - I guess in science knowing how to deal with data is always a great asset - in case you don't have experiences with lab work or other experiments; + for sure good grades and good references :-)

hope this helps!
Reply 49
Have we been invited to enrol yet? Wondering if I've missed an e-mail. I've accepted my offer.
Original post by dboon
Have we been invited to enrol yet? Wondering if I've missed an e-mail. I've accepted my offer.

Hey there :smile: Last week I received an email from the staff to let us know we'd be invited soon. But I have not yet received an email from portico to do so!
Can I ask what modules are in the first semester? Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending