The Student Room Group

Lightheaded/dizzy all the time

I feel lightheaded/dizzy all the time, I feel weak af and I feel like i'mma pass out (thankfully I don't actually pass out). Also, I feel unstable as in I lose my balance a lot, I find it hard to stand on my feet for too long as i'll end up feeling lightheaded/dizzy and i'll end up becoming unstable.

When I feel like this, my breathing does not feel normal.

I don't know what to do!

Scroll to see replies

me too this has been happening to me for a few months. idk why or what this is
Omg I feel the same my head feels really heavy and starts pounding and I feel like I'm spinning. If I get up too quickly everything spins and it feels really heavy in my head?? (ok so not the same but similar) do you know about this?
Reply 3
Could it possibly be anaemia? It might be best to go to your doctor or pharmacist and see what they say. Hope you're all okay :smile: x
i get "tunnel vision" when i get up, everything goes all black apart from the middle and i can't see and i feel like I'm gonna fall it's so annoying. it happens every single time i get up no matter how slowly/quickly
Reply 5
Are you eating food and drinking enough water?
maybe you should go see a GP just to be safe! sorry if this isn't helpful but you could try lying down until it goes away and drinking lots of water. hope you get better soon:heart:
Eat more red meat or take some iron supplements; it's probably anaemia.
Original post by rxyaltyx
i get "tunnel vision" when i get up, everything goes all black apart from the middle and i can't see and i feel like I'm gonna fall it's so annoying. it happens every single time i get up no matter how slowly/quickly

Maybe it could be iron deficiency ??
You should talk to your doctor. It could be an iron deficiency.
Original post by SuperiorPotato

idk i just dont want to get a blood test lmao. i hate them and i faint everytime
To prevent dizziness you need to get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids, especially water .Also, if it continues to happen you should contact your GP.
idk i just dont want to get a blood test lmao. i hate them and i faint everytime

Oh tbh you should get it checked out I have something similar so I need to see the GP too :borat:
Oh tbh you should get it checked out I have something similar so I need to see the GP too :borat:

greattttt i go to the gps so much im a regular :rofl3:
Reply 14
Probably anemia or some kind of deficiency, i get the same thing but my whole visions goes black for a while (i see nothing), i did take blood tests but they didnt say much was wrong, so sometimes blood tests don't always work. I recommend drinking lots of water, take your time when standing up, eat more meat and eggs and when you feel weak make sure you intake something with sugar :smile:
greattttt i go to the gps so much im a regular :rofl3:

Oh you must be a local there then :grin:
is anemia an iron deficiency?:eek:
I had this along with nausea and turns out i was anemic. They just take a blood test and you get tablets, thats what it sounds like to me:smile:
Oh you must be a local there then :grin:

definitely 😂
me too this has been happening to me for a few months. idk why or what this is

Do you feel as though you have to drag yourself due to the weakness??

Omg I feel the same my head feels really heavy and starts pounding and I feel like I'm spinning. If I get up too quickly everything spins and it feels really heavy in my head?? (ok so not the same but similar) @Hellohsjakodsmka do you know about this?

It's kind of similar as there are times when my head starts killing as I get up too quickly.

Original post by aamy12
Could it possibly be anaemia? It might be best to go to your doctor or pharmacist and see what they say. Hope you're all okay :smile: x

Yeah it might be

Original post by Pathway
Are you eating food and drinking enough water?

I try to

Original post by Milkandcookiess
maybe you should go see a GP just to be safe! sorry if this isn't helpful but you could try lying down until it goes away and drinking lots of water. hope you get better soon:heart:

I lie down on the floor all the time when i'm TSRing or something as such.

Original post by Anonymous
Eat more red meat or take some iron supplements; it's probably anaemia.

I feel like it might be anaemia as I checked the symptoms and I have mostly all of them

Probably is.

Original post by redblue13
You should talk to your doctor. It could be an iron deficiency.

Yeah I know.

Samsies, my blood never comes out cuz my veins are small :sad:

Original post by kadiatuj0001
To prevent dizziness you need to get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids, especially water .Also, if it continues to happen you should contact your GP.

But if I drink a lot of water I have to go to the loo more often and that's annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest