The Student Room Group

Green Rock Consulting

Hi! I am currently looking at changing my career towards the financial sector and came across this company. Their Accountancy program seems good. Has anyone used them before?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! If you know, the services is free?
There is much talk about the company being a scam.

Their previous posts on TSR included an elaborate web of fake accounts (over 15) all commenting on the same thread and targeting those who accused of being a scam. The posts have since been removed. I personally would not want to be purchasing an internship from a company who participates in such activities, besides the fact you're paying for an internship which also seems inherently wrong to me.

I cannot confirm the company is a total scam however urge you to conduct a good amount of research and keep your eyes out for fake reviews especially on TSR and Trust Pilot.

Good luck!
Original post by safonovmaks42094
Hi! I am currently looking at changing my career towards the financial sector and came across this company. Their Accountancy program seems good. Has anyone used them before?

I've been doing their Business Analyst program for 2 months now and I can say that their scheme is pretty smart. I'm learning from a senior business analyst whose very active and kind!! We are doing a real project. Hopefully after I finish the program Ill be able to secure a job :smile:
Original post by Julia_is_me
There is much talk about the company being a scam.

Their previous posts on TSR included an elaborate web of fake accounts (over 15) all commenting on the same thread and targeting those who accused of being a scam. The posts have since been removed. I personally would not want to be purchasing an internship from a company who participates in such activities, besides the fact you're paying for an internship which also seems inherently wrong to me.

I cannot confirm the company is a total scam however urge you to conduct a good amount of research and keep your eyes out for fake reviews especially on TSR and Trust Pilot.

Good luck!

Oh, that does not sound good.

I did my research and I asked my mum to check them out she is a solicitor. They look legit to me they are an accredited company by fair train and REC the recruitment body.

http://rec.uk.com/jobseekers/member-directory/green-rock-consulting-london

https://www.fairtrain.org/

I am not doing an internship it's a mentorship program.

I am sold and I like the concept I will most likely enrol over the next few days.

Thanks for your help
i mean pretty much everyone in this thread including OP is promoting this scam so probably best to stay away if youre skeptical
Oh, that does not sound good.

I did my research and I asked my mum to check them out she is a solicitor. They look legit to me they are an accredited company by fair train and REC the recruitment body.

http://rec.uk.com/jobseekers/member-directory/green-rock-consulting-london

https://www.fairtrain.org/

I am not doing an internship it's a mentorship program.

I am sold and I like the concept I will most likely enrol over the next few days.

Thanks for your help

I was in contact with them last week and I want to do their accounting program too! Thank you for this information!!
Original post by townsend10755
I've been doing their Business Analyst program for 2 months now and I can say that their scheme is pretty smart. I'm learning from a senior business analyst whose very active and kind!! We are doing a real project. Hopefully after I finish the program Ill be able to secure a job :smile:

Good to hear about your experience w/ them. I hope to have an active and kind mentor also. Were you offered an online courses too?
Reply 8
I enrolled in their accounting program few months ago. I was assigned in their partner firm and did the mentorship and work experience with a critic mentor. The tasks I received was really challenging. If you have basic accounting background I suggest you do their basic level of bookkeeping and payroll
Original post by will3934
I enrolled in their accounting program few months ago. I was assigned in their partner firm and did the mentorship and work experience with a critic mentor. The tasks I received was really challenging. If you have basic accounting background I suggest you do their basic level of bookkeeping and payroll

Have you managed to cover all the areas in 3 months? I checked their brochure and their presentation it looks fantastic! I plan to enroll in their accounting program, they were recommended by my friend but she did the HR
Good to hear about your experience w/ them. I hope to have an active and kind mentor also. Were you offered an online courses too?

yes, they gave me a year of access to their online business analysis course. Goodluck in your mentorship!

Thanks! I spoke to one of their consultants said that I should start from basic tasks too.
yes, they gave me a year of access to their online business analysis course. Goodluck in your mentorship!

Thanks! :five:

Did you do the accounts assistant tasks?
Original post by sparks8483
Have you managed to cover all the areas in 3 months? I checked their brochure and their presentation it looks fantastic! I plan to enroll in their accounting program, they were recommended by my friend but she did the HR

yes, I did bookkeeping and accounts assistant tasks.
Original post by sullivan4927
Did you do the accounts assistant tasks?

yes, I did bookkeeping and accounts assistant tasks. The latter is a bit challenging!

what type of qualification do you get upon completion of their course?

I've read that they will help update your CV, have you received yours?
Original post by ivanovdenis030
I've read that they will help update your CV, have you received yours?

Yes, they updated it pretty good compared to what I did. lol
I'm interested in investment analyst program, it seems like a lot of you here enrolled in Accounting lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending