The Student Room Group

22 officers injured during Brixton riot.

https://news.sky.com/story/brixton-15-officers-injured-and-police-cars-smashed-after-street-party-12014423

Police were called to Brixton last night to an illegal street party and were meet by hostile crowds who threw bottles and mounted police cars

The incident has been condemned by Sadiq Khan and Priti Patel.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrew97
https://news.sky.com/story/brixton-15-officers-injured-and-police-cars-smashed-after-street-party-12014423

Police were called to Brixton last night to an illegal street party and were meet by hostile crowds who threw bottles and mounted police cars

So was it a riot or a street party? Other than that, it seems a lot of trouble was called by people who came from outside the area.
This isn’t a racist statement when I say that, if anyone has seen the videos of what went on in Brixton, it does BLM absolutely no favours whatsoever.
Reply 3
And here, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is exhibit A as to why we should be equipping the officers with grenade launchers (of the tear gas variety at any rate)
"Blue lives matter" 🚔

Once again seen running away. At least this time we weren't treated to the embarrassing sight of coppers getting kicked up the arse by a mob as they ran away.

More details and video on Talk radio with Mike Graham.

https://youtu.be/45Zx-vZS38s
Original post by Napp
And here, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is exhibit A as to why we should be equipping the officers with grenade launchers (of the tear gas variety at any rate)

Because, as America has taught us, militarising the police really helps deescalate these situations.
Reply 6
Original post by Trotsky's Ghost
Because, as America has taught us, militarising the police really helps deescalate these situations.

Who said anything about deescalating?
Original post by Napp
Who said anything about deescalating?

alright big boy
Original post by imlikeahermit
This isn’t a racist statement when I say that, if anyone has seen the videos of what went on in Brixton, it does BLM absolutely no favours whatsoever.

Don't recall hearing from you after the illegal raves in Manchester. Thousands breaching lockdown, stabbings, rape...

Anyone can look at your post history, it's obvious your issue is with BLM, not this specific incident. You're holding BLM protesters to a far higher standard than you do anyone else in this country.

Maybe "this isn't a racist statement" but you're certainly desperate discredit BLM and to pretend racism doesn't exist in our society.
If this is about public health, I wonder why they never do anything about the crowds of people packing out the beaches and parks.

Quite mysterious - it's almost like Brixton itself might be a factor here. Hmm :holmes:
Reply 10
Original post by yeetouttawindow
alright big boy

1/10, lack of whit.
Reply 11
Original post by Democracy
If this is about public health, I wonder why they never do anything about the crowds of people packing out the beaches and parks.

I'd be surprised if a fair few off duty plods weren't sunning themselves there to start with. Would be a touch awkward running into your colleagues there :lol:

Quite mysterious - it's almost like Brixton itself might be a factor here. Hmm :holmes:

The police were called to this by neighbours. I doubt many people will call the police toma crowded green park.
The police were called to this by neighbours. I doubt many people will call the police toma crowded green park.

I see. So the police exist to be solely reactive rather than proactive :smile:
I see. So the police exist to be solely reactive rather than proactive :smile:

Eh what? They can do both. There’s a difference between an illegal street party and a few too many people in a park.
Eh what? They can do both. There’s a difference between an illegal street party and a few too many people in a park.

From a public health perspective (which is what this purports to be) I'm not sure there is. I don't think SARS CoV-2 particularly cares about the setting or occasion in which it's spread.

People need to respect that covid-19 hasn't gone away. they are risking not just their lives but their families and the police's. :frown:
Reply 17
From a public health perspective (which is what this purports to be) I'm not sure there is. I don't think SARS CoV-2 particularly cares about the setting or occasion in which it's spread.

An outdoor area with relatively little crowding vs. an indoor party... seems to be a bit of a difference in terms of likelihood of spreading something.
Original post by Napp
An outdoor area with relatively little crowding vs. an indoor party... seems to be a bit of a difference in terms of likelihood of spreading something.

Lol...I'm not sure that's a very accurate statement!
Reply 19
Lol...I'm not sure that's a very accurate statement!

I did say relatively...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending