The Student Room Group

Can I email a uni to...

Ask whether or not I have a chance at being accepted. Applying for Master's and I achieved a low 2.1, while they are asking for a high 2.1
@mnot @PhoenixFortune Sorry for the random tag, but you seem knowledgeable about this.
(edited 3 years ago)
I was wondering about the etiquette of it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you! I would like to know though what @PhoenixFortune and @mnot think about this :innocent:
Original post by Synergy_
Thank you! I would like to know though what @PhoenixFortune and @mnot think about this :innocent:

if i just say i agree with ecolier does that count - or does it have to be a uni forum helper.
Original post by Synergy_
Ask whether or not I have a chance at being accepted. Applying for Master's and I achieved a low 2.1, while they are asking for a high 2.1

Well if they only specify low or high & dont provide any required number then I would apply, shoot your shot.

I would assume a high 2.1 means 65%+.

If their is an application fee and dont want to waste the money, then you can email admissions to request more information as to if your application will be auto rejected or if it will get serious consideration.

---
The other thing worth noting is I think if there ever was a time to be a little over ambitious on taught masters courses, its now. With corona far less international applicants and potentially more space (and the need for more money) so I would bare that in mind if your on the fence.
Original post by _gcx
if i just say i agree with ecolier does that count - or does it have to be a uni forum helper.

It definitely counts. Thank you for your input :mmm:

Original post by mnot
Well if they only specify low or high & dont provide any required number then I would apply, shoot your shot.

If their is an application fee and dont want to waste the money, then you can email admissions to request more information as to if your application will be auto rejected or if it will get serious consideration.

---
The other thing worth noting is I think if there ever was a time to be a little over ambitious on taught masters courses, its now. With corona far less international applicants and potentially more space (and the need for more money) so I would bare that in mind if your on the fence.

This is so helpful. Thank you!
Original post by _gcx

Don't give in :eek3:
Original post by mnot

---

You fell for her treachery!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Don't give in :eek3:

You feel for her treachery!

what is this even about lol
Original post by _gcx
what is this even about lol

One of the task master tasks :lol: oh the poor FH's rn

Quick Reply

Latest