The Student Room Group

Cerazette issues

Hi, I was taking cerazette for about 7 years and in that time I had no periods but about two years ago I met my boyfriend and I would bleed after sex, I had all sorts of scans and tests done and everything is all normal but my gp suggested if I wanted it to stop I would need to change my pill so she put me on rigevidon. I’ve now had two possible blood clots in my leg whilst being on that pill but am always told I’m at low risk of getting a blood clot but obviously I’m now considering changing to something else or returning to cerazette as it seemed to really work for me but the idea of bleeding after sex every time isn’t obviously that appealing, does anyone have any experience of this?? I’ve read about the implant and I am tempted to try it but I know a lot of people don’t get on with it.
I’m wondering if anyone in my position could just advise me on how long the bleed/spotting after sex lasts for them??
It’s been too long for me to remember at this point if it was a real issue or just an inconvenience that I need to get used to but can cope with, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was taking cerazette for about 7 years and in that time I had no periods but about two years ago I met my boyfriend and I would bleed after sex, I had all sorts of scans and tests done and everything is all normal but my gp suggested if I wanted it to stop I would need to change my pill so she put me on rigevidon. I’ve now had two possible blood clots in my leg whilst being on that pill but am always told I’m at low risk of getting a blood clot but obviously I’m now considering changing to something else or returning to cerazette as it seemed to really work for me but the idea of bleeding after sex every time isn’t obviously that appealing, does anyone have any experience of this?? I’ve read about the implant and I am tempted to try it but I know a lot of people don’t get on with it.
I’m wondering if anyone in my position could just advise me on how long the bleed/spotting after sex lasts for them??
It’s been too long for me to remember at this point if it was a real issue or just an inconvenience that I need to get used to but can cope with, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

It could be a case of trying a few different pills before you find the one for you. Bleeding after sex isn't something anyone should have to just deal with, so I think you should try something else. Some people don't get along with the implant, yes, but the majority of people do. It's just a case of trying and seeing what works for you.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
It could be a case of trying a few different pills before you find the one for you. Bleeding after sex isn't something anyone should have to just deal with, so I think you should try something else. Some people don't get along with the implant, yes, but the majority of people do. It's just a case of trying and seeing what works for you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I think I will discuss with my gp the idea of changing to the implant

Quick Reply

Latest