Which uni for law!?

To study law

Newcastle
Sheffield
Kent
Sussex

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, what sort of things are you looking for in a uni?
Reply 2
Original post by lsc2002
Hi, what sort of things are you looking for in a uni?

Hey,
At the moment I am trying to work out which university has the best ranking/job prospects
Reply 3
Original post by Mannings
Hey,
At the moment I am trying to work out which university has the best ranking/job prospects

I’d probably say Sheffield or Newcastle for employment prospects. Law firms specifically target those universities, likely more so than they do Sussex and Kent.
To study law

Newcastle
Sheffield
Kent
Sussex

Thanks!

Moved to the Law forum :smile:

You mention rankings,but that will vary depending on which league table you use. Overall, I agree with @lsc2002 that I would aim for Sheffield or Newcastle (if you have the predicted grades they are looking for) with Kent or Sussex as your Insurance choice if you want a safety net. They are likely to be more flexible with grades than the first two.
Reply 5
Pretty much the order you've put them in.
To study law

Newcastle
Sheffield
Kent
Sussex

Thanks!

Hey!
I'm currently in my final year at Kent so if you had any particular questions, feel free to ask me :smile: Also, you might find it useful to speak to current Law student to find out how they have got on in terms of job prospects and employability. Kent have a programme called Unibuddy where you can chat to current students studying the same course (pretty sure a few other unis have this feature too which you might find useful!), here's the link in case you're interested - University of Kent Unibuddy

Best of luck with your university decision :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hey,

Look at Lancaster university. Has an ace reputation, excellent facilities, ranked top for grad prospects in law. AAB entry requirements and there are plenty of options if you don't want just a pure LLB as well as their unique Clinical Learning stream.
If you send Harrysbar a good bottle of wine or champagne they will suggest whichever one you like.
Original post by 999tigger
If you send Harrysbar a good bottle of wine or champagne they will suggest whichever one you like.

Sadly I already made my suggestions for nothing :bawling:
@harrysbar I would have gone for a Caribbean cruise, at least, you’re slipping ...

Quick Reply

Latest