The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nathan_nacu
D0AB49E8-AF43-47B5-9DC2-0F72ECC2195A.jpg.jpeg

Love the police! The good ones I mean!
Those two police officers are horrible, but they don't represent all police. Do you also hate the black and ethnic minority police who are trying to make this world a safer place?
Reply 3
Its extremely unfair to generalize all police by these guy's actions.
Reply 4
This is unbelievably disgusting. Can someone elaborate? The papers are being really, really vague about the story...almost like they are trying to sweep it under the carpet...

Apparently, the police are now reassuring the family that there is an "independent" enquiry by the police ombudsman into this issue....If this ombudsman is anything like the ombudsman for universities, the Office of the "Independent" Adjudicator, then this is definitely not going to be an independent enquiry and it is definitely not going to be comprehensive and its definitely not going to accomplish anything, but undermine the issue, sweep it under the carpet, protect the police force from any serious repercussions, and minimise costs to the state and its many branches.

If I was the family, I would take the police force to court and sue the living day lights out of them...The worst thing they can possibly do in this country is rely on an ombudsman.
(edited 3 years ago)
Honestly, though there are so many instances of this sort of thing, especially from the met police, that I have to say if you're going to start asserting there are good police, you're going to need to provide some evidence.
Original post by KelsieTaylor
Those two police officers are horrible, but they don't represent all police. Do you also hate the black and ethnic minority police who are trying to make this world a safer place?

I hate all police because the police are a system built on oppression. All cops are bad because they all work for a systemically racist structure 🥰 yes, even the minority cops

F76662B6-68B3-49F6-BA6E-34353C078E6C.jpg.jpeg
Original post by LovelyMrFox

There is no room for bad police 🥰 imagine if a pilot purposely crashes a plane and kills hundreds. Would the airline say “whoops well sorry some of our pilots are bad, not all though”. How well do u think that would go? In sensitive roles like pilots and cops where lives are risked daily there is no room for ‘not all cops’ they must ALL be good and go through rigorous testing (which they don’t) and until the system changes I can’t tell who’s good or not, or who will be my murderer so I’ll hate all 🥰 because I’m not taking chances playing guessing games
Reply 8
There is no room for bad police 🥰 imagine if a pilot purposely crashes a plane and kills hundreds. Would the airline say “whoops well sorry some of our pilots are bad, not all though”. How well do u think that would go? In sensitive roles like pilots and cops where lives are risked daily there is no room for ‘not all cops’ they must ALL be good and go through rigorous testing (which they don’t) and until the system changes I can’t tell who’s good or not, or who will be my murderer so I’ll hate all 🥰 because I’m not taking chances playing guessing games

Ever heard of a thing called, 'generalizing'? :rolleyes:
I know plenty of fine police officers. Ridiculous that you would assume them to be murderers, just because of their job.
Reply 9

people like you who use this analogy are braindead and not worth wasting time on., how on gods green earth can the police tell if there new recruit is a racist scumbag? can they read minds? pure and utter idiot

I think they’re 2 policewomen, although I know ‘guys’ is used for women too.
Original post by Pinkisk
This is unbelievably disgusting. Can someone elaborate? The papers are being really, really vague about the story...almost like they are trying to sweep it under the carpet...

So these police officers found the two women dead, posed for photos with their corpses and then left them without reporting having found them ? Did the family find the two bodies? If so, how? There's clearly a lot to this story that is not being told.

The police are now reassuring the family that there is an independent enquiry by the ombudsman into this issue....If this ombudsman is anything the like the ombudsman for universities, the Office of the Independent Adjudicator, then this is definitely not going to be an independent enquiry and it is definitely not going to be comprehensive and its definitely not going to accomplish anything, but undermine the issue, sweep it under the carpet, protect the police force from any negative repercussions, and minimise costs to the state and its many branches.

If I was the family, I would take the police force to court and sue the living day lights out of them...The worst thing they can possibly do is rely on an ombudsman.

They were very much trying to sweep it under the rug. The police are very well protected.

They are disgusting for what happened and there’s so much more of the story that should be revealed. The ‘independent inquiry’ will probably yield no results and then the police will avoid legal action.
D0AB49E8-AF43-47B5-9DC2-0F72ECC2195A.jpg.jpeg

It wasn't right what they did and you are right to be angry.

How do you feel about the policeman who ran into the building in Glasgow - risking his own life to save others and getting stabbed in the process
Ever heard of a thing called, 'generalizing'? :rolleyes:
I know plenty of fine police officers. Ridiculous that you would assume them to be murderers, just because of their job.

Well police do tend to murder a lot of unarmed ppl and I can’t tell who will be ‘fine’ or not so i cant be blamed for not taking chances and putting my life in a guessing game. Sounds like a problem you don’t have to worry about 🥰
Original post by Darole
people like you who use this analogy are braindead and not worth wasting time on., how on gods green earth can the police tell if there new recruit is a racist scumbag? can they read minds? pure and utter idiot

No, through diversity and psychological training to interpret responses????????????? Like real life trials??????? Maybe if you actually thought farther than your arm could reach you would see that there are many practical solutions. Even if, cop applications should still require rigorous testing like pilots with many hurdles to determine one’s capabilities. The Earth ain’t green for the most part btw it’s deep blue x
Well police do tend to murder a lot of unarmed ppl and I can’t tell who will be ‘fine’ or not so i cant be blamed for not taking chances and putting my life in a guessing game. Sounds like a problem you don’t have to worry about 🥰

Absolute nonsense with zero evidence to back up the claim.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
It wasn't right what they did and you are right to be angry.

How do you feel about the policeman who ran into the building in Glasgow - risking his own life to save others and getting stabbed in the process

Nice man, victim of his job, deserved better than the risks the job offered. 💔
I hate all police because the police are a system built on oppression. All cops are bad because they all work for a systemically racist structure 🥰 yes, even the minority cops

F76662B6-68B3-49F6-BA6E-34353C078E6C.jpg.jpeg

Except we arent in America.

The fact your hatred is being directed at all police, just shows how challenged you are.
Reply 18
Original post by Occitanie
I think they’re 2 policewomen, although I know ‘guys’ is used for women too.

I use 'guys' for male and female.
Couldnt find anything on whether the officers were male or female, but it doesnt make too much of a difference.
You'd have to be a total imbecile to think that race is the significant detail here.

Latest

Trending

Trending