The Student Room Group

when im excited i cant breathe

I'm a 16 year old girl who is passionate about becoming a filmmaker. I'm also a diagnosed bipolar and have also suffered from depression for most of my teenage years. For the first time in 5 years today,I became super joyful and happy because I received an offer that could contribute to me reaching my dreams. However, the issue is I became so excited I experienced some sort of adrenaline rush to the extent i can't breathe properly and my whole body is shaking with joy. At this point it's getting irritated since I think I'm having some kind of "positive" panic attack. How can i treat this? Please give tips asap and also I have asthma which can unfortunately lead the situation to escalate.
Original post by aleehawww
I'm a 16 year old girl who is passionate about becoming a filmmaker. I'm also a diagnosed bipolar and have also suffered from depression for most of my teenage years. For the first time in 5 years today,I became super joyful and happy because I received an offer that could contribute to me reaching my dreams. However, the issue is I became so excited I experienced some sort of adrenaline rush to the extent i can't breathe properly and my whole body is shaking with joy. At this point it's getting irritated since I think I'm having some kind of "positive" panic attack. How can i treat this? Please give tips asap and also I have asthma which can unfortunately lead the situation to escalate.

Definitely take your inhaler more often, I don’t think this is a bad thing beyond the breathing issue but you may want to talk to somebody about it x
hey, I’m very sorry about ur conditions, u ok now? also, have u tried speaking to ur GP about what to do when this happens, so you’re prepared to handle it properly if it happens again? and congratulations on the opportunity, btw! :smile:
Original post by twinklelittlstar
hey, I’m very sorry about ur conditions, u ok now? also, have u tried speaking to ur GP about what to do when this happens, so you’re prepared to handle it properly if it happens again? and congratulations on the opportunity, btw! :smile:

im ok now but im livid, my parents banned me from having coffee because it turns out i had a near death experience and actually suffered from cardiac arrest (the severe loss of breathing, nausea and extreme shaking) because I was stupid enough to add two whole cups of raw caffeinated americana coffee into my iced coffee mixture but luckily i din't drink all of it. That's also why I was so hyper and excited
Original post by Blueclueless
Definitely take your inhaler more often, I don’t think this is a bad thing beyond the breathing issue but you may want to talk to somebody about it x

sOO my parents banned me from having coffee because it turns out i had a near death experience and actually suffered from cardiac arrest (the severe loss of breathing, nausea and extreme shaking) because I was stupid enough to add two whole cups of raw caffeinated americana coffee into my iced coffee mixture but luckily i din't drink all of it. That's also why I was so hyper and excited. also I'm super embarrased like imagine dying of having too much coffee?
Original post by aleehawww
sOO my parents banned me from having coffee because it turns out i had a near death experience and actually suffered from cardiac arrest (the severe loss of breathing, nausea and extreme shaking) because I was stupid enough to add two whole cups of raw caffeinated americana coffee into my iced coffee mixture but luckily i din't drink all of it. That's also why I was so hyper and excited. also I'm super embarrased like imagine dying of having too much coffee?

I’ve done that before 😂 I drank about a pint of straight coffee (Like Cuban expresso) and was batsh|t the whole day 😂

Quick Reply

Latest