The Student Room Group

Is the 3-6-9 manifestation technique real?

There’s this craze I’ve been seeing over the internet the last couple of days. I’m not really familiar with it, but from what I’ve gathered, you apparently “tune in to the power of the universe” to grant you your desires.

There’s different methods of doing so, but one method is to write down what you want 3 times in the morning, 6 times in the afternoon, then 9 times in the evening. Apparently it’s a “base universal code” that allows you to “channel its power mystical power”, and so many people have claimed that they’ve managed to manifest someone back into their lives, or they manifested a lot of money into their bank account, or they manifested someone to text them back, etc.

This seems hella dodgy to me and sounds a lot like witchcraft 👀 I don’t really believe in all this mystical stuff, but some ‘practising witches’ have warned people to not get into this new craze, as you don’t know what you’re dealing it, and you could essentially be calling demons into your life and negative energy if you don’t do it properly.

What do you think about this?
Original post by Anonymous
There’s this craze I’ve been seeing over the internet the last couple of days. I’m not really familiar with it, but from what I’ve gathered, you apparently “tune in to the power of the universe” to grant you your desires.

There’s different methods of doing so, but one method is to write down what you want 3 times in the morning, 6 times in the afternoon, then 9 times in the evening. Apparently it’s a “base universal code” that allows you to “channel its power mystical power”, and so many people have claimed that they’ve managed to manifest someone back into their lives, or they manifested a lot of money into their bank account, or they manifested someone to text them back, etc.

This seems hella dodgy to me and sounds a lot like witchcraft 👀 I don’t really believe in all this mystical stuff, but some ‘practising witches’ have warned people to not get into this new craze, as you don’t know what you’re dealing it, and you could essentially be calling demons into your life and negative energy if you don’t do it properly.

Sounds like you will waste your time writing stuff, instead of working to reach your goals. Its like any other short-cut, false and misleading. Work hard, work smart, be kind to yourself and work out what brings you true inner joy - then invest in that and grow it.
I tried it the other day. I wrote "I don't want to see any more ludicrous threads on TSR" 3 times in the morning, 6 times in the afternoon and 9 in the evening.

Obviously didn't work, did it?
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
I tried it the other day. I wrote "I don't want to see any more ludicrous threads on TSR" 3 times in the morning, 6 times in the afternoon and 9 in the evening.

That’s good to hear :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot

Not really a manifestation though you are trying to get rid of something from the universe which is more like the devils work.
If you want to manifest something (don't do something ridiculous) you just have to put it out there, like write it down or speak it out loud - you only need to this once, then give it sometime. (This is the idea of manifestation and yes there are some natural born witches that can manifest things but it's not something that will work for everyone).In my way line of thinking by writing it down or saying it out loud ratther than putting it out there you are focussing your mind and energy on something that you want and will make changes (either consciously or subconciously) to get what is that you wanted.
Reply 5

If I write 18 times that I want to win the lottery, nothing will happen unless I go and buy a ticket. I certainly won't be attacked by demons, just assailed by regrets if the numbers I didn't put on came up.

It's a glorified 'to do' list and yes, writing down goals helps some to focus on what they want in life. However, put fancy terms and an air of mystery around is just a money-making scam, where the only thing that manifests is a larger bank balance for the slick salesmen, generated by the gullible who shell out for books or workshops on this.
Sounds like Spacestar Ordering with extra steps...

This is something to be consigned to the waste paper bin as loony tunes, along with pixies, tarot cards and unicorns. Sounds almost to me like some sort of scam
I can see how a technique like this could have a psychological benefit i.e making you more focused on your goals and giving you added confidence & belief that you can achieve them. If they're claiming doing this on it's own will bring results then no, obviously not- you're not going to get anywhere without putting the actual physical effort in.
Reply 9
Original post by squeakysquirrel
This is something to be consigned to the waste paper bin as loony tunes, along with pixies, tarot cards and unicorns. Sounds almost to me like some sort of scam

Unicorns are real! They breed them for milkshakes!

20200627_124440.jpg
Original post by JaseyB
Not really a manifestation though you are trying to get rid of something from the universe which is more like the devils work.
If you want to manifest something (don't do something ridiculous) you just have to put it out there, like write it down or speak it out loud - you only need to this once, then give it sometime. (This is the idea of manifestation and yes there are some natural born witches that can manifest things but it's not something that will work for everyone).In my way line of thinking by writing it down or saying it out loud ratther than putting it out there you are focussing your mind and energy on something that you want and will make changes (either consciously or subconciously) to get what is that you wanted.

Abraham Lincoln said "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Get busy 'doing' not 'writing'. Don't "put things out there", 'get out there' yourself and make the next thing happen in your life. We get nothing from wishing, only from doing. Have you ever come across a Celebrity Witch who 'made it' by "manifesting"? No. But you have seen Celebrity Chefs, Heads of Business, Actors, Sports People etc., hard working people who prepared, trained, learned and jumped on every opportunity that came close. That is how we get where we want to go. You can do it too, if you actually do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending