The Student Room Group

MSc Adult Nursing at Northumbria Uni

Just wondering if there’s anyone else out there that’s applied to the MSc Adult Nursing course for January 2021 intake?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RachelM2020
Just wondering if there’s anyone else out there that’s applied to the MSc Adult Nursing course for January 2021 intake?

Me:smile:
Yes I have :-) I have an interview next week...super nervous!
Reply 3
Original post by Connie_Reu
Yes I have :-) I have an interview next week...super nervous!

There’s a Connie on my interview list so that might be you! :-) mine is Thursday 2nd July??

I’m so nervous 🙈 there’s just so much to research it makes you feel really overwhelmed!
Reply 4
There’s a Connie on my interview list so that might be you! :-) mine is Thursday 2nd July??

I’m so nervous 🙈 there’s just so much to research it makes you feel really overwhelmed!

Is this your first interview?
Reply 5
Original post by Zee_gal
Is this your first interview?

It is yeah. This is the only university I applied to due to commitments at home, so I’m really keen to get my place here.
Reply 6
It is yeah. This is the only university I applied to due to commitments at home, so I’m really keen to get my place here.

I completely understand. I was really nervous prior to my first interview with Teesside. However, most unis ask similar questions. There's the background question, tell me about yourself or talk about your personal statement. Then there's the motivation based questions, e.g. why do you want to be a nurse. Next, the skills questions and finally, the scenerio based questions.
Reply 7
Original post by Zee_gal
I completely understand. I was really nervous prior to my first interview with Teesside. However, most unis ask similar questions. There's the background question, tell me about yourself or talk about your personal statement. Then there's the motivation based questions, e.g. why do you want to be a nurse. Next, the skills questions and finally, the scenerio based questions.

Thanks for this, that really helps :-). It’s the scenario based question I think I’m most nervous about... it could be about anything and it’s scary being caught off guard!
I have a place for the Sept 2020 cohort
Reply 9
Original post by Sam.C.Mat
I have a place for the Sept 2020 cohort

Ah brilliant news, congratulations! :-)
Reply 10
Thanks for this, that really helps :-). It’s the scenario based question I think I’m most nervous about... it could be about anything and it’s scary being caught off guard!

I understand as it is impossible to predict what scenario based questions you will be asked. Just remember that your response should reflect NHS values and the 6 C's of nursing.

Yes that is me :-D I can see your name too! Don't worry i'm sure we will be ok if we get some good prep done! It's my only interview and application too so fingers crossed for us both and hopefully see you in January!
Yes that is me :-D I can see your name too! Don't worry i'm sure we will be ok if we get some good prep done! It's my only interview and application too so fingers crossed for us both and hopefully see you in January!

That’s what I’m spending my weekend doing!haha. Fingers crossed for both of us, I’ve only applied to this uni for this course too.

Let me know how you get on and good luck :-)
That’s what I’m spending my weekend doing!haha. Fingers crossed for both of us, I’ve only applied to this uni for this course too.

Let me know how you get on and good luck :-)

Yes same lol I feel like I'm unsure what differences there will be in an MSc interview so basically just revising similar question types! Thanks so much and good luck to you too!
Yes same lol I feel like I'm unsure what differences there will be in an MSc interview so basically just revising similar question types! Thanks so much and good luck to you too!

Hi Connie, how are you? How did your interview go? Hope everything went well :-) x
Reply 15
Hi Connie, how are you? How did your interview go? Hope everything went well :-) x

Hello, how was your interview?
Original post by Zee_gal
Hello, how was your interview?

Hi :-) yes it went ok, it was my one and only interview so I have all my fingers crossed. Just wondering how long it will take to hear now.
Reply 17
Hi :-) yes it went ok, it was my one and only interview so I have all my fingers crossed. Just wondering how long it will take to hear now.

I'm glad to hear it went okay. Hopefully, you'll receive good news soon.
Original post by Zee_gal
I'm glad to hear it went okay. Hopefully, you'll receive good news soon.

Fingers crossed for both of us, keep me updated :-)
Reply 19
Fingers crossed for both of us, keep me updated :-)

I will. You too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending