The Student Room Group

Re-sit Dissertation

Hi everyone,

I have been given the opportunity for an uncapped dissertation resit due to COVID-19 situation. I should mention that I did pass the dissertation first time but I obtained a really low grade being pressed for time.

I want to resit the dissertation, but I am not sure how an empirical (interviews of participants, data analysis, ethics) dissertation is re-sited. Do you need to start from the scratch (i.e. new interview schedule, new participants, new ethics)? Or you just need to re-write it using the same data set?

Ps: My dissertation is for Bsc(Hons) Psychology.

TIA
Original post by alfasiomega3
Hi everyone,

I have been given the opportunity for an uncapped dissertation resit due to COVID-19 situation. I should mention that I did pass the dissertation first time but I obtained a really low grade being pressed for time.

I want to resit the dissertation, but I am not sure how an empirical (interviews of participants, data analysis, ethics) dissertation is re-sited. Do you need to start from the scratch (i.e. new interview schedule, new participants, new ethics)? Or you just need to re-write it using the same data set?

Ps: My dissertation is for Bsc(Hons) Psychology.

TIA

You will have to review your data and work it whether its quality is good or it was one of the reasons you got dragged down.

TIC how much time you have to resubmit and it should be obvious whether you can or have to replace or the issues with your dissertation are elsewhere.
Original post by 999tigger
You will have to review your data and work it whether its quality is good or it was one of the reasons you got dragged down.

TIC how much time you have to resubmit and it should be obvious whether you can or have to replace or the issues with your dissertation are elsewhere.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest