The Student Room Group

Open University student finance helppp

Hi all

I’m a mature student and currently going through the student finance application form.

The plan was to study full time doing a BA (hons) in criminology and psychology.

Please can someone clarify if you are only eligible for a part time tuition fee loan even if you choose to study full time? Found so much contradictory on the internet and the application form reads as if you will only be able to receive half the amount I need for the year.

Helppp! Thank you xo
Original post by Holly-don90
Hi all

I’m a mature student and currently going through the student finance application form.

The plan was to study full time doing a BA (hons) in criminology and psychology.

Please can someone clarify if you are only eligible for a part time tuition fee loan even if you choose to study full time? Found so much contradictory on the internet and the application form reads as if you will only be able to receive half the amount I need for the year.

Helppp! Thank you xo

It's called a part time loan but you can borrow enough to do 120 credits in a year which is "full time", they automatically assume you ll want to do 60 but then ou can tell them to override it if it's more.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It's called a part time loan but you can borrow enough to do 120 credits in a year which is "full time", they automatically assume you ll want to do 60 but then ou can tell them to override it if it's more.

Ah okay great! Thank you! I wrote on there 3 years worth of study and the amount I’d need to borrow.

Would it just be a case of waiting for student finance to get back to me now?
Original post by Holly-don90
Ah okay great! Thank you! I wrote on there 3 years worth of study and the amount I’d need to borrow.

Would it just be a case of waiting for student finance to get back to me now?

yes it's just waiting now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending