The Student Room Group

Cant stop eating

Scroll to see replies

How overweight are you? If 'a lot', then weight loss surgery.

Diets don't work, on a population level. Weight loss surgery does.
Original post by Guy481
What does your torso look like, is it ripped? Because mine is with minimal effort. That would indicate I know what I’m doing eh? Eh?

That doesn't mean anything. I've known plenty of people like that and they've had other issues due to not eating right.
Also saying you do isn't proof, it just means you understand your own body. What do you understand about body types, insulin resistance and metabolism speeds?
Reply 22
Original post by MedicWil
That doesn't mean anything. I've known plenty of people like that and they've had other issues due to not eating right.
Also saying you do isn't proof, it just means you understand your own body. What do you understand about body types, insulin resistance and metabolism speeds?

There are some differences in terms of metabolic rates but I think your blowing the issue out of proportion. No not only am I ripped I have Zero health conditions.

Grains are poison, if we were stupid enough to do it they could process grass instead and put that in bread.

Have you ever actually tried paleo or are you completely full of ****
Reply 23

I’m telling you right now, if you put people with real problems on my diet it would improve them. I mean if you can’t eat chicken soup and stew you have real problems.
Original post by Guy481
I have Zero health conditions.

And how old are you? lol
Original post by Guy481
There are some differences in terms of metabolic rates but I think your blowing the issue out of proportion. No not only am I ripped I have Zero health conditions.

Grains are poison, if we were stupid enough to do it they could process grass instead and put that in bread.

Have you ever actually tried paleo or are you completely full of ****

When was the last time you had a blood test to determine your levels of vitamins and minerals plus other nutrition markers? You also didn't answer about insulin resistance.

Only refined grains are not too good for you. Whole grains are an excellent source of B vitamins, fibre, magnesium, selenium, iron, phosphorus and manganese amongst other things. It's also proven, and backed by multiple independent studies, that they can reduce obesity due to increased satiety levels and reduce inflammation as well as reducing the risk of diabetes, heart disease and colon cancer
Grains are from the grass family if you didn't know.

My diet is close to being paleo but not fully. I choose not to go fully as paleo diets have been proven to increase levels of Trimethylamine N-oxide within the body which is a chemical that raises your risk of heart disease significantly. It's also been proven to reduce levels of certain beneficial bacteria in the gut which may have long term consequences regarding other chronic conditions. Also most people who follow a Paleo diet generally consume around twice the recommended daily intake of saturated fat and this can cause cholesterol build up in your veins and arteries leading to an increased risk of heart attacks and stroke. Also high levels of cholesterol can cause Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Also trying to attack the person rather than debate the issue with proper scientific evidence smacks of knowing you don't really know what you're talking about and that you've lost the argument.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26
When was the last time you had a blood test to determine your levels of vitamins and minerals plus other nutrition markers? You also didn't answer about insulin resistance.

Only refined grains are not too good for you. Whole grains are an excellent source of B vitamins, fibre, magnesium, selenium, iron, phosphorus and manganese amongst other things. It's also proven, and backed by multiple independent studies, that they can reduce obesity due to increased satiety levels and reduce inflammation as well as reducing the risk of diabetes, heart disease and colon cancer
Grains are from the grass family if you didn't know.

My diet is close to being paleo but not fully. I choose not to go fully as paleo diets have been proven to increase levels of Trimethylamine N-oxide within the body which is a chemical that raises your risk of heart disease significantly. It's also been proven to reduce levels of certain beneficial bacteria in the gut which may have long term consequences regarding other chronic conditions. Also most people who follow a Paleo diet generally consume around twice the recommended daily intake of saturated fat and this can cause cholesterol build up in your veins and arteries leading to an increased risk of heart attacks and stroke.

Also trying to attack the person rather than debate the issue with proper scientific evidence smacks of knowing you don't really know what you're talking about and that you've lost the argument.

I disagree; keeping eating whole grains I really don’t care what you do
Original post by Guy481
I disagree; keeping eating whole grains I really don’t care what you do

Then you're disagreeing with scientifically proven evidence and increasing your risk of death with your diet
Clearly I have proven you have no idea what you're talking about
Reply 28
Then you're disagreeing with scientifically proven evidence and increasing your risk of death with your diet
Clearly I have proven you have no idea what you're talking about

No you fking have not. Humans have an innate ability to tell what’s good for them. The scientific community is not free from bias and ignorance; I mean your a great example of that right?

Just read the Dr William Davis book Wheat belly or stop talking to me.

When I eat my daily vegetables I get carbs as you pointed out earlier so your contradicting your own point. That’s smart

I mean lol at eating porridge for protein are you an idiot?
Original post by Guy481
No you fking have not. Humans have an innate ability to tell what’s good for them. The scientific community is not free from bias and ignorance; I mean your a great example of that right?

Just read the Dr William Davis book Wheat belly or stop talking to me.

When I eat my daily vegetables I get carbs as you pointed out earlier so your contradicting your own point. That’s smart

I mean lol at eating porridge for protein are you an idiot?

If humans had an innate ability to tell what was good for them then there wouldn't be obese people, people with food related health problems or alcoholics as they'd know it wasn't good for them. No, it's not but every study that is independent and unbiased backs up my points. Also don't get how I'd be from the scientific community, showing your ignorance there, plus I have Asperger's, people with Asperger's are rarely biased, we just go off the evidence available.

Dr William Davis is a cardiologist who has made many spurious claims which have all been debunked and have no scientific backing, many actually opposed by actual scientific studies. He's basically the American Andrew Wakefield

I've contradicted nothing. If you're referring to the facts that grains are carbs, that's true but your assuming all carbs have the same nutritional benefits, they don't. Different carb sources have different benefits to each other and eating fruit and vegetables don't provide you with most of the benefits that grains do.

You still have not yet proven why porridge if bad for you
Anything can be bad for you if you have it in large enough amounts; provided you have a balanced diet then porridge is good for you
Original post by Guy481
No you fking have not. Humans have an innate ability to tell what’s good for them.

Awesome all the bread for me then.
Reply 31
Original post by nexttime
Awesome all the bread for me then.

Yeah eat it see if I care
Original post by Guy481
Yeah eat it see if I care

you sound about 12
Reply 33
Original post by black tea
you sound about 12

Oh shut up
I used to be 17 stones and have come down to 12 stones just by halving my portions and decreasing my intake of bread and pasta. My diet consists of healthy foods and lots of protein and intermittent fasting. Drink lots of water and if you drink a lot of tea switch to skimmed milk. Cut out all forms of sugar. It’s simple really. Just eat clean but control your portions.
Original post by Guy481
Oh shut up

very mature
Reply 36
Original post by black tea
very mature

Im 12 like you said
Original post by Guy481
Im 12 like you said

go back to doing your schoolwork then.
Original post by Anonymous
I keep eating and gaining weight
Tips on how to control

Put down the fork and knife and the pudding spoon. Stop snorting as though you're a pig. 🐷
Lol all these people having a hissy fit on the right way to diet. Honestly there is no right or wrong way. If someone loses weight by cutting out bread and pasta like I did then what’s the big deal? Everyone needs to relax. As long as you’re not starving yourself who cares how do you do it? Honestly.

Quick Reply