The Student Room Group

Tory supporters

Poll

Tory supporters- think you'll be voting Tory next election?

Do you think you'll be supporting/voting for Tories in the next election. And why?:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brionyvj
Are you going to be supporting/voting for Tories in the next election. And why?:smile:

Who knows, a lot can happen between now and the next election.
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
Who knows, a lot can happen between now and the next election.

Good point. How do you feel about Boris' leadership since hes been PM?

Not great if I'm being honest with you. I was strongly against the policies of Labour in the last election so I voted conservative; although neither was a very good choice looking back on it.

102685259_691200304775785_1118346323926087274_n.png
Reply 5
Original post by Cubone-r
Not great if I'm being honest with you. I was strongly against the policies of Labour in the last election so I voted conservative; although neither was a very good choice looking back on it.

Agreed. I think both parties were pretty useless. I'm Labour but I think people voted for Conservatives because Johnson would've took a more proactive approach, which i understand.
Reply 6
Original post by MalcolmX

Agreed. No words needed
In the past I've voted for the Lib Dems and Conservatives.
Last election I voted for Boris.
How I vote next election will depend on the state of the economy, manifesto contents, policy commitments and party leadership.
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
In the past I've voted for the Lib Dems and Conservatives.
Last election I voted for Boris.
How I vote next election will depend on the state of the economy, manifesto contents, policy commitments and party leadership.

Fair enough. Do you agree with his leadership so far?
Fair enough. Do you agree with his leadership so far?

Partially.
I'm not a fan of his brexit deal, the dithering over huawei, way that lockdown strategy was implemented or one nation conservatism.
Original post by MalcolmX

Please have some respect for clowns. No clown's action or inaction has ever led to the needless deaths of thousands of people.

Mr Johnson's government is Tory in name only. Mrs Thatcher, Mr Churchill or Mr Disraeli would never be as anti-business, without morals or as slow to respond as Mr Johnson has been.
Partially.
I'm not a fan of his brexit deal, the dithering over huawei, way that lockdown strategy was implemented or one nation conservatism.

There is one thing he has done I agreed with, the acceptance of Chris Grayling's resignation.
Not a chance.

Not only are they the party of entrenched privilege, but their time in government has been defined by waste, fiscal irresponsbiliy, poor governance and bloated bureaucracy.
Do you think you'll be supporting/voting for Tories in the next election. And why?:smile:

Because Labour is anti-India, whilst the Tories have the great Rishi Sunak.
Original post by EmergencyAccount
Because Labour is anti-India, whilst the Tories have the great Rishi Sunak.

You could make the dupe account less obvious. :tongue:
Username, posting style and fan club rhetoric.:rolleyes:
Yes, if only because they're the least bad of a terrible bunch as far as I am concerned.
You could make the dupe account less obvious. :tongue:
Username, posting style and fan club rhetoric.:rolleyes:

It's not a dupe account. My Gundabad(good) account got permanently banned for "using a dupe account". I have never used a dupe account. I am trying to get it back. :frown:
I will always vote conservative. Boris Johnson is not my type of conservative, I am more concerned with inequality and social justice issues, which is why I am attracted to IDS's politics, as he wants to help those less privileged to learn the skills which will help them take responsibility for themselves, and to help them to avoid the 5 pathways to poverty.

he does not intend to be callous, paying people monthly rather than weekly benefits is to aid money management and to try to encourage a sense of responsibility.
I became convinced of compassionate conservatism after watching this video, it was very englightening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDptC0HNEI&t=379s
Reply 19
Original post by barnetlad
Please have some respect for clowns. No clown's action or inaction has ever led to the needless deaths of thousands of people.

Mr Johnson's government is Tory in name only. Mrs Thatcher, Mr Churchill or Mr Disraeli would never be as anti-business, without morals or as slow to respond as Mr Johnson has been.

Johnson is hardly anti-business if you consider the coronavirus support measures that his Government have done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending