The Student Room Group

2020 Imperial MSc in Business Analytics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hello to everyone! I would really appreciate the answer of offer holders to a question I have. In case you haven't paid your deposit yet but have accepted your offer, I want to ask the following:

In your Imperial Account, in your application under the tab Supporting Documents & References in the OFFER CONDITIONS section, is there a deadline for your deposit???

Because it is NONE for me and I don't now why it does not show the deadline I have been given for the deposit.
Original post by mtsot
Hello to everyone! I would really appreciate the answer of offer holders to a question I have. In case you haven't paid your deposit yet but have accepted your offer, I want to ask the following:

In your Imperial Account, in your application under the tab Supporting Documents & References in the OFFER CONDITIONS section, is there a deadline for your deposit???

Because it is NONE for me and I don't now why it does not show the deadline I have been given for the deposit.

Same here. I am having a feeling that because of the current scenario, the college might not be sure when to start the course. So, probably they are waiting for the situation to improve to get a better idea. A lot of reputed colleges in my country have delayed the start date for the upcoming session. There might be no point to start a course with say, 30 students, in a batch because remaining have either deferred or canceled due to COVID-19.
Reply 62
Original post by ArajDalal
Same here. I am having a feeling that because of the current scenario, the college might not be sure when to start the course. So, probably they are waiting for the situation to improve to get a better idea. A lot of reputed colleges in my country have delayed the start date for the upcoming session. There might be no point to start a course with say, 30 students, in a batch because remaining have either deferred or canceled due to COVID-19.

Thank you for answering.
I don't believe that they will delay the start date. Many courses in top unis within UK, the Netherlands, and Switzerland have declared that they will start on time even if that means that they will do that online. No word from Imperial yet, though.
Hey guys, hope you guys are safe! So, I finished my first interview (MSc Business Analytics) two weeks ago. I recieved an e-mail about a second interview for my quantitative skills.... I never heard about a second intervew before. Does anyone know what this is about?
Reply 64
Original post by barbeqmoon
Hey guys, hope you guys are safe! So, I finished my first interview (MSc Business Analytics) two weeks ago. I recieved an e-mail about a second interview for my quantitative skills.... I never heard about a second intervew before. Does anyone know what this is about?

I haven't heard of it again too. I hope that someone more knowledgeable on the matter will reply.
Was your quant statement a bit weak or did you include elements that are not easily identifiable from your application's material?
Yup. To be honest, it is definitely lacking compared to you guys....i’m just mortified and confused on how and what to study for the interview...stalked the person who was supposed to conduct it. He looks like a nice guy....
Reply 66

Ohhh that is very strange, was your first interview a Kira interview? Tbh I don't know how they make judgements on applications based on it. You barely have time to answer the question 😅 they must have really liked your application to still progress you whilst having doubts about your Quantitative skills.
Ugh...hopefully hahahha. Yup it was the Kira interview. Welp...guess I will be the first prototype for the quantitative interview...I just want to prepare for it 😅
Reply 68
Ugh...hopefully hahahha. Yup it was the Kira interview. Welp...guess I will be the first prototype for the quantitative interview...I just want to prepare for it 😅

hahaha

As an idea probably you could check the self-assesment math test? https://www.imperial.ac.uk/business-school/programmes/msc-business-analytics/admissions/self-assessment-maths-test/.
Moreover, you could prepare to support how you fulfill the quantitative requirements they demand for the programme, your experience with quantitative subjects etc . Did they stated what the content might be?
Reply 69
Hi guys,

I've been wait-listed 2 weeks ago. Does anyone receive an offer after been placed on a waiting list?

When applications on a waiting list will be reconsider? What is the ration of getting an offer after you've been on a waiting list (from the previews years)?

This is very stressful so if anyone knows anything about the waiting list please let me know. I wish they just reject me than being in this situation...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Voravich
Same situation. I received an email about being waitlisted on Feb 11th.

Just received an email that I have been put on the waitlist as well. Did you ever receive a final offer?
Hi Guys, I received an invite and I'm attending my kira interview tomorrow, is there any technical question asked?
Original post by buczyflex
Hi Guys, I received an invite and I'm attending my kira interview tomorrow, is there any technical question asked?

not really.
Original post by ArajDalal
not really.

Thanks so much,
I had the interview today and you were right

What did you study during your undergraduate degree?
Original post by buczyflex
Thanks so much,
I had the interview today and you were right

Glad to be of help!
Original post by krepas
Hi guys,

I've been wait-listed 2 weeks ago. Does anyone receive an offer after been placed on a waiting list?

When applications on a waiting list will be reconsider? What is the ration of getting an offer after you've been on a waiting list (from the previews years)?

This is very stressful so if anyone knows anything about the waiting list please let me know. I wish they just reject me than being in this situation...

Waitlisted people tend to know if they can get in in end of July / August -- hopefully not too long of a wait!
Is everyone on here talking about the full time course?I’m a working professional with a few years of work experience and have only recently thought of doing a part time masters. Found this course and it was like the perfect course with the perfect online, PT structure! I’ve just submitted all my documents but am yet to submit one of my reference details. Do they still review your application if your references haven’t been received? And I wonder if the process and timeline is exactly the same for PT applicants as it is for FT..?
Hi! I submitting my interview last week and I am waiting to hear back.
I was so nervous when recording the videos and I am not confident at all after the interview. I have a very strong academic and professional background, but I feel my interview was weak.
How likely are they to reject an applicant due to a bad interview?
Original post by saks10111
Is everyone on here talking about the full time course?I’m a working professional with a few years of work experience and have only recently thought of doing a part time masters. Found this course and it was like the perfect course with the perfect online, PT structure! I’ve just submitted all my documents but am yet to submit one of my reference details. Do they still review your application if your references haven’t been received? And I wonder if the process and timeline is exactly the same for PT applicants as it is for FT..?

sorry quoting myself ha, but just asking again if anyone has applied for the part-time mode of this course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending