The Student Room Group

Can a level 3 in business take me to university

Hi there everyone
In next few months i am going to college and i m doing level 2 in business further progress onto level 3 in business diploma it duration is 2 years i am confused what type of diploma it is..?
I searched for requirements it show btec extend btec extend national he diploma and alot but no level 3 is mentioned what level 3 diploma equivalent to ..?
Its so confusing plz help i have attached image below plz everyone check n guide me some sort of its so difficult to figure it out thankyou
Thankyou soo much6773CFA0-1300-4071-9C1B-1A1B8CAA19F7.jpeg
(edited 3 years ago)
a level 3 courses is equivalent to an A level
a level 2 course is equivalent to a GCSE
i do a level 3 diploma in business at college ( yours may be level 3 certificate then going to a diploma in your second year)
a diploma is basically a 2 year A-level course and a certificate is half an A level as it’s only 1 year
p.s yes it can be confusing i felt the same thing i thought it wasn’t an a level and wouldn’t get into uni !! 😟
Of course, depends however on the uni that you are applying to, check the course you want to study at uni at different unis and check the requirements, they should accept level 3 qualifications as they are equiv. to a levels
Hope this helps
Reply 3
Original post by Lshort17
Of course, depends however on the uni that you are applying to, check the course you want to study at uni at different unis and check the requirements, they should accept level 3 qualifications as they are equiv. to a levels
Hope this helps

Thanks a lot but there is only btec level 3 diploma not level 3 in business does are they same ..?
Reply 4
Original post by impoor123
a level 3 courses is equivalent to an A level
a level 2 course is equivalent to a GCSE
i do a level 3 diploma in business at college ( yours may be level 3 certificate then going to a diploma in your second year)
a diploma is basically a 2 year A-level course and a certificate is half an A level as it’s only 1 year
p.s yes it can be confusing i felt the same thing i thought it wasn’t an a level and wouldn’t get into uni !! 😟

Thanks a lot it means u r not in uni and it wont help me to go to uni
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sandhuo1
Thanks a lot but there is only btec level 3 diploma not level 3 in business does are they same ..?

There are different classifications for btecs. Im doing a btec level 3 national extended dip which is two years. They are the same thing but they have different ucas points for each. there are:

Foundation dip
Extended dip
National certificate
Extended certificate
There are a few more i think, unis prefer you to do a two year extended dip but you can do the others plus another btec subject and still get in. Its more about making up the ucas points too
Reply 6
F98582F2-ED2E-440E-A831-867BF94580C2.jpegThis is the diploma and can you please check n guide me tht it is right diploma to go to uni bcoz i dont know much
F98582F2-ED2E-440E-A831-867BF94580C2.jpegThis is the diploma and can you please check n guide me tht it is right diploma to go to uni bcoz i dont know much

It says that it allows you to progress to a HND as a HND is a course that is equivalent to the first year of uni which would imply that it could be used to get into uni, you can always contact the uni or college to double check this. Is there any more info below the future prospect section? It also states two years so i imagine it would be adequate. But still double check as im not an expert

Hope this helps
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
It says that it allows you to progress to a HND as a HND is a course that is equivalent to the first year of uni which would imply that it could be used to get into uni, you can always contact the uni or college to double check this. Is there any more info below the future prospect section? It also states two years so i imagine it would be adequate. But still double check as im not an expert

Hope this helps

Thanks it helped no there is no more info about future prospectus below i called college they said you can go to college easily with level 3 in business and more over my friend did the same but its for 1 year n n she will finish degree next year
Thanks it helped no there is no more info about future prospectus below i called college they said you can go to college easily with level 3 in business and more over my friend did the same but its for 1 year n n she will finish degree next year

Ah i just reread the last paragraph and it states that successful completion may allow students to progress to an HND or ‘degree’ - that means it will allow you to go to uni providing you meet the entry requirements and that you do the full course of 2 years.

Hope this helps
Reply 10
Ah i just reread the last paragraph and it states that successful completion may allow students to progress to an HND or ‘degree’ - that means it will allow you to go to uni providing you meet the entry requirements and that you do the full course of 2 years.

Hope this helps

Thanks for help but when i search for entry requirements level 3 wont show up is level 3 diploma has other names which i dont know ..? Again thanks mate
Thanks for help but when i search for entry requirements level 3 wont show up is level 3 diploma has other names which i dont know ..? Again thanks mate

Have you got a uni in mind, are you able to attach the entry requirements on here?
Reply 12
Have you got a uni in mind, are you able to attach the entry requirements on here?

Yeah Royal Holloway university where my friend got seat after doing level 3 in business its requirements are following :
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE
BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED DIPLOMA
BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA
BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE
WELISH BACCALAUREATE
SCOTTISH HIGHERS
IRISH LEAVING CERTIFICATE
ACCESS TO HIGHER EDUCATION DIPLOMA

Btw really thankyou for helping
Yeah Royal Holloway university where my friend got seat after doing level 3 in business its requirements are following :
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE
BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED DIPLOMA
BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA
BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE
WELISH BACCALAUREATE
SCOTTISH HIGHERS
IRISH LEAVING CERTIFICATE
ACCESS TO HIGHER EDUCATION DIPLOMA

Btw really thankyou for helping

Your level 3 will be one of the following from that list:

Btec National Extended Dip.
Btec National Diploma
Btec National Extended Cerificate

If your course is 2 years i would imagine it would be the national extended dip. Or the extended certificate.
Reply 14
Your level 3 will be one of the following from that list:

Btec National Extended Dip.
Btec National Diploma
Btec National Extended Cerificate

If your course is 2 years i would imagine it would be the national extended dip. Or the extended certificate.

Yeah i think the same thts why in future prospectus we i can progress onto uni maybe and it can be equivalent to higher access to higher education anyways thankyou so so much for the help i really appreciate
Yeah i think the same thts why in future prospectus we i can progress onto uni maybe and it can be equivalent to higher access to higher education anyways thankyou so so much for the help i really appreciate

No problem at all! I hope it works out for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending