The Student Room Group

Are you comfortable in your own skin?

Do you always think of what other people's gonna say when you do this and that? If you do, you might need some advice

Scroll to see replies

Yes sometimes but that’s normal. What I do is I reassure myself that no one is perfect. As long as I am not hurting others and not hurting myself I have no regrets in anything I do.
Reply 2
Yes, I used to worry about how other people viewed me all the time and it didnt do me any good. Hating yourself is just hurting yourself for no good reason. If someone doesnt like me, thats their problem, so why make myself a wreck over it?
(edited 3 years ago)
Not really it is quite uncomfortable living in this skin. It is fragile, bruises easily and dries out like a sponge in the sun.

0/10 would not recommend.
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm comfortable to a certain extent. I've come to learn to live with my flaws and to not let my insecurities consume me. I do have my days where I feel insecure, but most of the time I'm alright :tongue:
Yes.
As long as my skin has makeup on and I am not feeling the consequences of food allergies.:biggrin:
Reply 6
I get even more confident when someone compliments my bum.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Nope, I used to worry about it all the time and it didnt do me any good. Hating yourself is just hurting yourself for no good reason. If someone doesnt like me, thats their problem. Why make myself a wreck over it?

Aww, I hope you start loving yourself more and you're right about how hating yourself only hurts you.
Original post by jaz_x001
I'm comfortable to a certain extent. I've come to learn to live with my flaws and to not let my insecurities consume me. I do have my days where I feel insecure, but most of the time I'm alright :tongue:

Exactly, don't let your insecurities stop you from loving yourself. Everyone has their own flaws. Even in your off days, you should still love yourself :yep:
Reply 8
Original post by TheStarboy
Aww, I hope you start loving yourself more and you're right about how hating yourself only hurts you.

Oh, I meant it as I do love myself :lol:
i thought this was going to be a Silence of the Lambs thread... :afraid:
I am fortunate enough, to feel comfortable in my own skin.
Exactly, don't let your insecurities stop you from loving yourself. Everyone has their own flaws. Even in your off days, you should still love yourself :yep:

Preach! Our 'flaws' are what makes us unique and special after all :closedeyes: Self love is a journey, a hard one at that, but also one that is worth taking!
I am comfortable being me but that doesn't mean I'm not careful how I choose my words, even though it may seem I'm not.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Oh, I meant it as I do love myself :lol:

That clears this up nicely. I'm glad you do love yourself.

Preach! Our 'flaws' are what makes us unique and special after all :closedeyes: Self love is a journey, a hard one at that, but also one that is worth taking!

Took the words right out of my keyboard :lol: . Flaws are nothing to be ashamed of. They are part of who you are. Self Love is really important, being able to love yourself is a necessary step to take before loving others.
(edited 3 years ago)
no, i feel like it can be interpreted into a weapon or danger to myself nowadays :frown:
Took the words right out of my keyboard :lol: . Flaws are nothing to be ashamed of. They are part of who you are. Self Love is really important, being able to love yourself is a necessary step to take before loving others.

Haha great minds think alike :giggle: Exactly! After all, beauty is only skin-deep :rolleyes:
Haha great minds think alike :giggle: Exactly! After all, beauty is only skin-deep :rolleyes:

Thank you :colondollar: Yeah, the most beautiful people are the ones who are beautiful in the inside, not only the outside :h:
Absolutely not.

It's like that fable of the rhinoceros and the cake crumbs in his skin.

A most uncomfortable and exasperating existence :colonhash:
Original post by the bear
i thought this was going to be a Silence of the Lambs thread... :afraid:

Did they not get banned? Jesus that guy really got on my bad side.
Yes definitely! I did encounter some racism back at school as I was one of the few non-white pupils there but that was by a minority of fools and it didn't discourage me to be proud of who I am. The most important thing is who you are on the inside :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending