The Student Room Group

Testicle pain

Hi. Around a week and a half ago, I experienced pain in my left testicle. After a few days I visited my GP and the doctor said I had a bad strain (as I had a bit of pain above the pelvis) due to intense workout and said it would wear off in a few days.

I rested for a few days (until 2 days ago where I played badminton and football) and it got a lot better until yesterday evening. It's hard to describe the pain but today both my testicles have a weird sensation. It's not a sharp pain but feels a tiny bit tender when I feel it. It feels a bit heavy. I am experiencing the same sensation below my abdomen as well. I also feel weakness in my bones.

Shall I go back to my GP? Is it much to worry about?

thank you.
Yes you should cuz that don't sound good :smile:
Get well soon :console:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. Around a week and a half ago, I experienced pain in my left testicle. After a few days I visited my GP and the doctor said I had a bad strain (as I had a bit of pain above the pelvis) due to intense workout and said it would wear off in a few days.

I rested for a few days (until 2 days ago where I played badminton and football) and it got a lot better until yesterday evening. It's hard to describe the pain but today both my testicles have a weird sensation. It's not a sharp pain but feels a tiny bit tender when I feel it. It feels a bit heavy. I am experiencing the same sensation below my abdomen as well. I also feel weakness in my bones.

thank you.

Back to your GP yes.

And in the meantime try to figure out a way of explaining what you mean by 'weakness in my bones'
Mhm you should go back to the gp. Maybe make a note of your symptoms.
Yes go back to your GP its very urgent l have had an operation on my right testicle a number of years ago l wont go into detail but l am good now l dont have cancer thank god cancer can strike at any age ? your doctor has to look and touch your testicle so that she or he knows whats going on so contact your doctors surgery on monday it would be could if your doctor sent you to hospital for a full check up keep us upto date take care
Reply 5
Original post by Nialler x
Yes you should cuz that don't sound good :smile:
Get well soon :console:

Hopefully it isn’t something too serious. Thank you!

Original post by Jamie
Back to your GP yes.

And in the meantime try to figure out a way of explaining what you mean by 'weakness in my bones'

I mean I just feel weak in general all of a sudden

but thank you for the reply!

Original post by KatsukiBakuHoe
Mhm you should go back to the gp. Maybe make a note of your symptoms.

Will do! Thank you
Reply 6
Original post by laughinglad999
Yes go back to your GP its very urgent l have had an operation on my right testicle a number of years ago l wont go into detail but l am good now l dont have cancer thank god cancer can strike at any age ? your doctor has to look and touch your testicle so that she or he knows whats going on so contact your doctors surgery on monday it would be could if your doctor sent you to hospital for a full check up keep us upto date take care

That’s great to hear that you are well and fine! The doctor did feel it at my last appointment but said she can’t find anything wrong or problematic.

I am in my early 20s so I hope it’s nothing Roos serious. Thank you so much for the reply!
That’s great to hear that you are well and fine! The doctor did feel it at my last appointment but said she can’t find anything wrong or problematic.

I am in my early 20s so I hope it’s nothing Roos serious. Thank you so much for the reply!

Hi l think your doctor should send you for a scan at the hospital ask her to send you for a scan there is pain there for a reason dont let her palm you off and you can google testicle pain lots of stuff will come up take care
Reply 8
Original post by laughinglad999
Hi l think your doctor should send you for a scan at the hospital ask her to send you for a scan there is pain there for a reason dont let her palm you off and you can google testicle pain lots of stuff will come up take care

Thank you for the reply! I often try to avoid looking online as it just scares you with stuff you might not even have. But I can’t help to ignore this problem as it is not normal. I will ask her if she can send me for a scan. Thank you again
Reply 9

thank you.

Don’t ask doctor google tho they’ll probably be like you have 30 mins to live

thank you.

Go to your GP and get this looked at as any pain in the testicles aren't to be taken lightly ok, it could be simply an infection but again maybe Epididymitis which is swollen and tender testicles ( a tube at back of the testicles which become swollen and can cause an infection and pain ) !! Won't go into to much details but research information on NHS.com conditions website , it may be this ok.

You said you played some sports and felt it again afterwards and can be a strain on the muscles but can't obviously say what it is without physically examination which I will leave to your own GP to do okay.
Keep update
Original post by Linden5
Don’t ask doctor google tho they’ll probably be like you have 30 mins to live

That's the biggest problem with people they take what it says on Google as face value and panic .

Best place to look is NHS choices website for advice and then seek medical advice from either there GP or NHS 111 or visit A&E if they think its urgent enough for to go there .
Thank you for the reply! I often try to avoid looking online as it just scares you with stuff you might not even have. But I can’t help to ignore this problem as it is not normal. I will ask her if she can send me for a scan. Thank you again

yup yeah same searching stuff online is kinda scary as you can type in 'abdomen pain' and get the most crazy scary stuff
UPDATE:

So I went to the GP and the doctor gave me Ciprofloxacin for two weeks. The doctor said that it's probably an infection that is causing me problems and it should hopefully help me recover. My testicles feel a bit better since I started yesterday though the body ache is still there from before. Hopefully that should get better too.

Thank you everyone for your kind advice! I truly appreciate it :smile:

Keep well and stay safe.
Original post by Tracey1995
Go to your GP and get this looked at as any pain in the testicles aren't to be taken lightly ok, it could be simply an infection but again maybe Epididymitis which is swollen and tender testicles ( a tube at back of the testicles which become swollen and can cause an infection and pain ) !! Won't go into to much details but research information on NHS.com conditions website , it may be this ok.

You said you played some sports and felt it again afterwards and can be a strain on the muscles but can't obviously say what it is without physically examination which I will leave to your own GP to do okay.
Keep update

Thank you so much for the reply. The doctor said that there isn't anything visible and my urine came ok but she thinks I may just have an infection. So she prescribed me with Ciprofloxacin. My testicles are already feeling a bit better but I do feel the urge to go to the loo very frequently.
Thank you so much for the reply. The doctor said that there isn't anything visible and my urine came ok but she thinks I may just have an infection. So she prescribed me with Ciprofloxacin. My testicles are already feeling a bit better but I do feel the urge to go to the loo very frequently.

No worries,and thanks for replying back to .
Good that your doctor reassured you at the moment and hopefully the infection was clear up soon and best thing to do is drink plenty of water so it helps clears anything in the urine and unfortunately means loads of toilet trips .
At least you seeing an improvement with things with testicles which must be a relief too you okay. And best way to clear up the infection in the urine and testicles is drink plenty fluids and I know it will mean going to the toilet a lot but will clear up in due course and once you finish the course of tablets go back to your normal amount of water intake okay.
You been given a antibiotics to help clear up the infection so keep taking this as prescribed to by the doctor and complete the whole course and hopefully then it will be fine but if not remember go back to the doctor okay.

Quick Reply

Latest