The Student Room Group

I am looking for students taking Broadcast Journalism

hello everyone here i am looking for you if you are taking journalism in US ot Uk...the question is what does it take for International student to take the corse
Original post by Oulez
hello everyone here i am looking for you if you are taking journalism in US ot Uk...the question is what does it take for International student to take the course

Hiya, are you looking for an Undergraduate course?
It might help if you told us the type of qualifications you hold. :smile:

For UK Unis at least, they'll have entry requirements specified on the webpage for each of their courses and then a separate page somewhere else with lots of information about qualifications from different countries, so sometimes this information can be quite difficult to find. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya, are you looking for an Undergraduate course?
It might help if you told us the type of qualifications you hold. :smile:

For UK Unis at least, they'll have entry requirements specified on the webpage for each of their courses and then a separate page somewhere else with lots of information about qualifications from different countries, so sometimes this information can be quite difficult to find. :redface:

i have certificate in journalism sir,
Reply 3
i am suppose to further my studies at Diploma level
Original post by Oulez
i have certificate in journalism sir,

If you're able to share, where did /are you studying for this certificate?
Reply 5
Original post by 04MR17
If you're able to share, where did /are you studying for this certificate?

ok, good and would you send an emeil here so that we may talk well and send you my documents
Original post by Oulez
ok, good and would you send an emeil here so that we may talk well and send you my documents

Please don't share email details or documents etc. for your own privacy. :hand:

If you could just tell me which country your certificate is from I should be able to have a look at what universities in the UK might need. I can't help too much with US.
Reply 7
i am from kenya
Original post by Oulez
i am from kenya

Thanks, :smile:

So as an example, at Southampton Solent University, there's a BA Journalism course (see here). For students from Kenya, Solent say the following:

Entry requirements
As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses.
Students should hold a university diploma.
Students with a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with grades C and above may apply for a foundation year (level 0 of a bachelor's degree).
For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree.

See here: https://www.solent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/journalism-ba

If you have a Certificate in Journalism from a university or other college in Kenya, it might be possible for you to study the BA course in the UK from the first year of the bachelor's (so, year 1) rather than having to do the foundation year (year 0), but this would be at the discretion of each university.

If we choose a slightly more competitive university than Southampton Solent, there is the BA Journalism course at Portsmouth (see here)

Portsmouth say this about students applying from Kenya:

If you're joining us from Kenya, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
Foundation courses
If you take the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE - 5 credits including Mathematics and English language) you'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.
We recommend you take a foundation course at our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
Undergraduate courses
We'll consider you for admission onto an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree if you have the following:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE - 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language) or
- the East African Certificate of Education (EACE) or Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE)
and a minimum of 3 subjects in:
- Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate (COHSC) or
- East African Advanced Certificate of Education (EAACE) or
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE), awarded until 1989
or a minimum of 'C' credit overall in:
- Diploma / Ordinary Diploma / Ordinary Technician Diploma
- University Diploma / Diploma

See here: https://www.port.ac.uk/study/international-students/your-country/kenya
Does this help? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by 04MR17

yes..i am very much Happy..i wish we could continue our chat
Reply 11
i am looking foward of coming to Southampton after getting some scholarship bro
Reply 12
Original post by 04MR17

thanks so much
Original post by Oulez
i am looking foward of coming to Southampton after getting some scholarship bro

Just to make clear, the University of Southampton isn't the same as Southampton Solent (linked in my post above). I just used that as an example as it was one of the first to come up in google.

There's quite a lot of choice when it comes to UK Higher Education, you can have a look at lots of BA Journalism courses here:
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/courses?searchTerm=Journalism&studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&distanceFromPostcode=25&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant
Original post by Oulez
thanks so much

Glad to be of help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending