The Student Room Group

Hardest question!!!!!!

I have a big problem. The problem is my dad's fridge is meant to be delivered but unfortunately the people who will deliver the fridge will leave the fridge outside and the fridge weighs at least 100kg. My dad and my neighbour will carry the fridge but it is so hard to carry!!!. Normally if there is no coronavirus the people who will deliver the fridge will have a special crane that lifts the fridge for you. We need the fridge as our old fridge is half broken so it won't work soon! Who ever answers this will get as much rep as they want!!!!!!☺😊 please help!!!

I also need to keep my old fridge somewhere where should i keep it???

Scroll to see replies

What??? 😐😐😐😐
What should I do!!!!!!
leave it in situ if it's outside (I'm assuming its in a garage and not just outside to the elements) then when you have more support, either move it yourself or call the local council and they can remove it in their trucks. You may have to pay for this service though
Reply 4
That happened to us and my mum and stepdad picked it up they’ll be fine! Also just leave ur old fridge outside you’ll find that it might go ‘missing’ or just ring the council and pay them to collect it
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by richmkay
leave it in situ if it's outside (I'm assuming its in a garage and not just outside to the elements) then when you have more support, either move it yourself or call the local council and they can remove it in their trucks. You may have to pay for this service though

I have no garage and the council won't take it away because of coronavirus!!!!
Original post by macy_m
That happened to us and my mum and stepdad picked it up they’ll be fine! Also just leave ur old fridge outside you’ll find that it might go ‘missing’ or just ring the council and pay them to collect it

The council won't take it away because of coronavirus!
How about news fridge carrying it through door frame?
Reply 8
Original post by suryanshu32
The council won't take it away because of coronavirus!

Just leave it out then or bring it to the dump by hiring a van (but you’ll have to break it apart ).
And they took mine that’s why I suggested
(edited 3 years ago)
I have no garage and the council won't take it away because of coronavirus!!!!

Sorry, i misread your post. I thought you said the fridge was outside and I was like 🤔... the only other option is to get a bunch of people, wear masks and gloves and manhandle it to where its gotta go.

As to what to do with the old one, the council in my local area are doing collections of old white goods but with social distancing in place
Original post by richmkay
Sorry, i misread your post. I thought you said the fridge was outside and I was like 🤔... the only other option is to get a bunch of people, wear masks and gloves and manhandle it to where its gotta go.

As to what to do with the old one, the council in my local area are doing collections of old white goods but with social distancing in place

No people are allowed as my family are at high risk from getting coronavirus.
No people are allowed as my family are at high risk from getting coronavirus.

Allowed inside.
Reply 12
If you're feeling inventive, buy a suitable furniture dolly (little wood base on wheels), assemble a basic ramp at the doorway, and it can be wheeled in. Obviously depends on type of door, size of step, access to some wood, etc...
Original post by Neilos
If you're feeling inventive, buy a suitable furniture dolly (little wood base on wheels), assemble a basic ramp at the doorway, and it can be wheeled in. Obviously depends on type of door, size of step, access to some wood, etc...

Show me link of wood base wheels on Amazon and I give you rep!
Found solution take cardboard on the frame and take the fridge over the cardboard and it won't hit door frame.
No soloution
Bump
bump
Tell me!! It is urgent!!
I have a big problem. The problem is my dad's fridge is meant to be delivered but unfortunately the people who will deliver the fridge will leave the fridge outside and the fridge weighs at least 100kg. My dad and my neighbour will carry the fridge but it is so hard to carry!!!. Normally if there is no coronavirus the people who will deliver the fridge will have a special crane that lifts the fridge for you. We need the fridge as our old fridge is half broken so it won't work soon! Who ever answers this will get as much rep as they want!!!!!!☺😊 please help!!!

I also need to keep my old fridge somewhere where should i keep it???

Maybe you could keep the old fridge in the basement? Garage? Or an old room?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending