The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Coming from a 5’7 guy, women are biologically attracted to tall men or at least, men who are taller than they are. You cant blame them for going for the tall guys, it’s in their nature lol. Just like you can’t blame men for getting with girls who aren’t fat
What is considered a short girl here? cause google says 5 feet 4 is average for a woman and before googling I thought that height would be considered short.
Original post by PrettymuchGod
What is considered a short girl here? cause google says 5 feet 4 is average for a woman and before googling I thought that height would be considered short.

Anything below 5’4 :lol:
Original post by NonIndigenous
The above was not intended to be Anonymous:

Personally my real gripe with 'dating' from my limited experience but eager observations are that most people don't even know wtf they want in the first place. They proclaim all sorts of 'expectations' (usually superficial), then often settle for someone that doesn't match those whatsoever, or complicate shyt even further with multiple arrays of mixed signals when dating those 'below' their 'expectations'. The reasons why they often settle for partners who don't match those expectations, is because often such partners simply don't exist or are very limited, and so they end up spending too much time hunting for those until they run out of time and realise their options are narrowing.

Very little realism. Fake profiles, cat-fishing, fake boobs, exaggerated heights. etc.

My dilemma (though I don't spend much time on it) is... why would I even want to settle for someone like that myself, once they wasted x% of their life chasing gibberish until they got desperate enough to turn their attention to me? It's demeaning and inauthentic. Within my first month at work, two female co-workers were dropping hints and making eye contact even though we literally didn't even work on anything together. Both turned out to be pregnant within just a couple of months. Apparently this is not unusual. Thank God I know what's good for me and didn't fall for it. I'm pretty appalled to be honest, to the extent where normally I prefer to not even think about these things instead. What's worse, is they didn't even seem like 'mean girls' or bad people at all. They probably deserved better, but didn't know better and just got caught up in the furore and groupthink of today's 'dating culture' that is absolute bollox, instead of using their own heads. My real issue is I have had enough problems without risking loading myself up with even more.

Oh and yeah, one of them so happened to be couple inches taller than me.

And I have a rule I normally stick to of avoiding intimacy and relationships with co-workers. That's what stopped me above all else. Realistically though, it would just take much longer in the context of the 'office' for me to lower my guard enough to show interest.

Okay....
Hahaha that video! The store worker deserves an award for not going mad and being so patient! :clap: As a half Russian who was born in Uzbekistan, this guy kills me! :rofl: however, my Kazakh friends disagree, one of them said “no one knew about Kazakhstan before borat and it would be better if it stayed that way” :rofl:
Whenever I see a spoiler I immediately think of your username, it’s your signature :wink:
People can go for whoever they like. It's just a matter of whether the other person reciprocates the feelings.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Lol someone's salty they can't get the guy they want

I highly doubt any girl thats not tall, hot with an amazing body can get any guy they want. In fact I think tall hot girls with a killer personality can get maybe like 3 times as many guys as any girl thats not tall.
Original post by PhantomLion55
I highly doubt any girl thats not tall, hot with an amazing body can get any guy they want. In fact I think tall hot girls with a killer personality can get maybe like 3 times as many guys as any girl thats not tall.

Why are we all busy trying to tell people who they can and can’t get? And when did we become such a shallow society? I personally look for personality rather than height...
Reply 69
Original post by Toscana
Coming from a 5’7 guy, women are biologically attracted to tall men or at least, men who are taller than they are. You cant blame them for going for the tall guys, it’s in their nature lol. Just like you can’t blame men for getting with girls who aren’t fat

Women do though.

I remember a post on here of a guy who rejected some girl, and her friends kept asking him why and he didn't want to say. Eventually he got tired of all the nagging and told them it was because she was fat ....and the guy ended up getting a load of abuse off all her friends and branded shallow etc..

the same thing does not happen when a woman rejects a guy for his height.
So many girls do it, that it is not viewed as shallow, but viewed as normal.
Original post by 2_versions
Going for a taller guy is kinda biological though...

Not sure about this. Darwanian theory only said its biological if they go for someone who is muscly, has a square jaw and a load of resources
Original post by PhantomLion55
You don't understand a thing shes saying, do you?

It is a biological thing. In evolution, women used to go for guys who were taller because it seemed as though they were more likely to be able to protect her and hunt for food whilst she raised any children they had. This could actually be part of the reason so many people want taller guys, it's not so much that they have a "fetish" or just want a tall guy, it could actually be an evolutionary left over in her mind, telling her to go for a taller guy because he is most likely to be able to effectively protect her. People cannot help the way they feel and who they are attracted to, it can't be changed!
Original post by Anonymous
To all you short girls out there just stop going for the tall guys because us tall girls need them. Go after the short guys that are your height.

As a 5'4" girl who has dated 2 guys over 6 foot and tends to prefer taller guys.... no. I will go after who I want thanks
Original post by clyde1996
As a 5'4" girl who has dated 2 guys over 6 foot and tends to prefer taller guys.... no. I will go after who I want thanks

All I needed to do to cover up the fact that I’m very tall is get a boob job and a Brazilian butt lift and it worked. I get all of the tall guys and short guys now. My breast implants look so real that nobody could even tell that I got plastic surgery. I’m so skinny and curvy now and I can get whoever I want. Im better than you so thanks.
All I needed to do to cover up the fact that I’m very tall is get a boob job and a Brazilian butt lift and it worked. I get all of the tall guys and short guys now. My breast implants look so real that nobody could even tell that I got plastic surgery. I’m so skinny and curvy now and I can get whoever I want. Im better than you so thanks.

lmao this is a certified troll
I actually hate the short b****** who are like 4ft 9 and say '6ft and over is my preference' Like, they literally look like their younger sister walking next to them :colonhash:
Reply 76
Nah I'll stick to tall men thanks
I actually hate the short b****** who are like 4ft 9 and say '6ft and over is my preference' Like, they literally look like their younger sister walking next to them :colonhash:

Personally, I wouldn't date a girl taller than 4ft 9.
Nahhhhhh

You can’t tell me what to do xoxo
man screw this beef I love all girls hmu for snap. Im 17 btw.😉

Latest

Trending

Trending