The Student Room Group

Been drunk for 5 weeks straight everyday. I’m I ok?

I have been actually drinking heavily since march 2020. I have depression and social anxiety so I had a emotional breakdown when people criticised my introvert lifestyle and accused me of being anti social at work. Now it’s worse because I’m still stuck on furlough and I had to move back to living with arrogant family again.

Drinking without stopping a day, I’m I ok? Do you think it’s ok???

Scroll to see replies

No that's not ok sorry but you really should get help :console:
you should get an absorbing hobby instead.
no that's defo not ok
Reply 4
Original post by SuperiorPotato
No that's not ok sorry but you really should get help :console:

Is it really that bad :frown:, I can’t seem to stop, I wasn’t really like this when I was uni but I’ve now realised maybe I have a problem because I can’t stop drinking to get drunk every night
Reply 5
no way drinking heavily can be very bad for u.
u should really be careful and find someone to talk to abt your problems it wouldn't make u feel much better.
Reply 6
Erm, its concerning, to say the least.
Original post by Anonymous
Is it really that bad :frown:, I can’t seem to stop, I wasn’t really like this when I was uni but I’ve now realised maybe I have a problem because I can’t stop drinking to get drunk every night

If you cant stop, that's borderline alcoholism. Go and speak to someone as you may end up giving yourself permanent damage from alcohol.

Plus alcohol acts as a depressant, to use it to drown out emotions is never the answer.
Your Liver: aM i oK?!1!1!1!1!1

But srsly tho look after yourself, getting wasted everyday is very bad for your liver and you could get alcohol poisoning.

If you're having trouble controlling how much you drink go see your Gp or something for alcohol addiction.
Stay safe :smile:

Alcohol is a depressant so if your drinking to deal with your emotions you should go speak to someone to help find healthier coping techniques. You can always pm as well if you have no one to talk to 😁
(edited 3 years ago)

Yes alcohol is very damaging and not the right solution. Get some professional help and face your family tell them how you feel and they might change. Damn what people think about you the fact that they're judging you on how your anxiety just shows they not worth listening to. Be more happy with yourself and you'll see it'll be a lot better. :hugs:
Definitely not okay.
Please seek help, before you get to the point of no return.
You will only live to regret it in time if you carry on this slippery slope.
Original post by Karisa96
Definitely not okay.
Please seek help, before you get to the point of no return.
You will only live to regret it in time if you carry on this slippery slope.

I just think my life is over

Maybe it’s the reason I can’t stop drinking, it’s my body telling me something
So nobody is currently doing this? During lockdown?? I’m the only one :frown:

I am having a problem
I just think my life is over

Maybe it’s the reason I can’t stop drinking, it’s my body telling me something

Well that's a very negative mind set.
Start thinking positive, seek help and kick start your recovery, you have got to want to do it.
Contact Alcohol Anonymous: 0800 917 7650
So nobody is currently doing this? During lockdown?? I’m the only one :frown:

I am having a problem

Your probably not the only one, but if you cannot stop then you have an addiction. Its like if you cant stop smoking you have an addiction. You need to at least try and wean yourself off of it. Not only that, you need to also change your mindset. You seem to focus on the negative which reinforces your drinking. If you can try and do that to start with you can come out of this ok. If you still cant give up then you will need to get professional help and the sooner you can, the quicker you can come out of this.
No.
Binge drinking every night for five weeks is very bad for your state of mind and health.

You need to reduce your dependency upon booze, moderate your alcohol intake and start making positive plans for your future after lockdown ends.
What are your ambitions, hobbies and favourite activities?
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Binge drinking every night for five weeks is very bad for your state of mind and health.

You need to reduce your dependency upon booze, moderate your alcohol intake and start making positive plans for your future after lockdown ends.
What are your ambitions, hobbies and favourite activities?

My ambitions doesn’t suit a post covid 19 life, like I like doing music and I always wanted to be a teacher (I was an activity instructor but now furloughed), I wanted eventually to leave this *****ty country because I’m a loner

I’m a boring guy, I’m not like a footie type or a lad culture kind of guy, like my hobbies are just me listening to *****y music or being stuck playing gta all day. It’s sad
My ambitions doesn’t suit a post covid 19 life, like I like doing music and I always wanted to be a teacher (I was an activity instructor but now furloughed), I wanted eventually to leave this *****ty country because I’m a loner

I’m a boring guy, I’m not like a footie type or a lad culture kind of guy, like my hobbies are just me listening to *****y music or being stuck playing gta all day. It’s sad

This wont be forever this furlough and you can still be a teacher :smile: And im sure your not boring. this is just a temporary blip for everyone and theres not much for us to do for most of us. Things will improve :smile:

You don't sound boring at all. :smile:
What type of music do you enjoy?
Which countries do you think that you would like to visit as a tourist or for work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending