The Student Room Group

Laurence of England

Scroll to see replies

Even better!!
I have 2 questions, for anyone here that watches Mock the Week
1) do you have any idea when it will be starting up again?
2) should I create a 'scenes we'd like to see' thread?
@LovelyMrFox
This morning I saw something in your blog about people being ungrateful to their parents.
sometimes i fear i am being too ungrateful to mine. most 19 year olds have a job and are no longer parent scroungers
Reply 63
Original post by Laurence010401
@LovelyMrFox
This morning I saw something in your blog about people being ungrateful to their parents.
sometimes i fear i am being too ungrateful to mine. most 19 year olds have a job and are no longer parent scroungers

I dont think so. 19 is still young :smile:
I was referring to the people who treat their parents like garbage.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I dont think so. 19 is still young :smile:
I was referring to the people who treat their parents like garbage.

thanks :smile: in school assembly, at the beginning of year 11 (when people are 15 years old) someone came in and said that at least 90% of us should have part time jobs

well i'm much better at not treating them like garbage than i used to be
inspired by @LovelyMrFox , i will be posting random things here that come to mind, in the hope that people reply to them :colondollar:
Reply 66
thanks :smile: in school assembly, at the beginning of year 11 (when people are 15 years old) someone came in and said that at least 90% of us should have part time jobs

well i'm much better at not treating them like garbage than i used to be

Thats okay. Everyone is different :hugs:
Im glad to hear, haha :tongue:
@LovelyMrFox

I’m 19 and have a job but I don’t spend any of my earnings, tbh
I will if I have to or if I want something for myself, which is why i like working
What I’m trying to say is I still live mostly off my dad lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Wooord
I’m 19 and have a job but I don’t spend any of my earnings, tbh
I will if I have to or if I want something for myself, which is why i like working
What I’m trying to say is I still live mostly off my dad lol

haha niceeeee :smile:

when i go to university i'll live off my student maintenance loan, and probably get a job too, one that i'm comfortable with
haha niceeeee :smile:

when i go to university i'll live off my student maintenance loan, and probably get a job too, one that i'm comfortable with

Yeah getting a part time job is a good idea at Uni luckily for me I live at home and commute
Original post by Wooord
Yeah getting a part time job is a good idea at Uni luckily for me I live at home and commute

i'm guessing you will be going to the university of bradford? or leeds?
Has anyone else seen black mirror?
i'm guessing you will be going to the university of bradford? or leeds?

I go to Uni of Leeds 😁 I started in sept 2019
I was going to go Bradford which is only like 10 mins away but I wanted a bit of a change of scenery and also to meet new people since most of my friends and people I grew up with went to Uni of Bradford
Original post by Wooord
I go to Uni of Leeds 😁 I started in sept 2019
I was going to go Bradford which is only like 10 mins away but I wanted a bit of a change of scenery and also to meet new people since most of my friends and people I grew up with went to Uni of Bradford

I really liked the uni of Leeds 😁 it was one of my favourite universities :smile: however, I wouldn’t have got an offer had I applied
Reply 74
Has anyone else seen black mirror?

No, what is it about?
No, what is it about?

Each episode presents a possibility of what the future will look like.
Many of them also raise controversial points for discussion, that have nothing to do with technology, perhaps more philosophy
The show is written and created by charlie brooker, my main inspiration for negativity.
Reply 76
Each episode presents a possibility of what the future will look like.
Many of them also raise controversial points for discussion, that have nothing to do with technology, perhaps more philosophy
The show is written and created by charlie brooker, my main inspiration for negativity.

Ill look into it! Is it on Netflix?
Ill look into it! Is it on Netflix?

Yes it is
It’s a british tv show that was stolen by Americans 🤣
Reply 78
Yes it is
It’s a british tv show that was stolen by Americans 🤣

Oo :biggrin:
I really liked the uni of Leeds 😁 it was one of my favourite universities :smile: however, I wouldn’t have got an offer had I applied

It’s a nice Uni! I like it too. I thought that too, because my predicted grades didn’t meet their requirements but I still got an offer and then on results day i was surprised to see that I got in

Quick Reply

Latest