The Student Room Group

Is King's still accepting applications from international students?

I was looking at Law programmes on UCAS, and saw that KCL's page for Law said that they have limited vacancies available, and only international students are eligible to apply.

What does this mean?
Original post by msak02
I was looking at Law programmes on UCAS, and saw that KCL's page for Law said that they have limited vacancies available, and only international students are eligible to apply.

What does this mean?

It means what it says, but if you're confused, contact the university directly.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It means what it says, but if you're confused, contact the university directly.

Doesn't UCAS close on the 15th of Jan? How come KCL is still considering new applications?
Reply 3
Original post by msak02
Doesn't UCAS close on the 15th of Jan? How come KCL is still considering new applications?

its ucas extra, there are many courses with vacancies this year, I recently applied for eee at kings. I'd say apply asap if you have good grades the spaces might fill up and ucas extra is closing in a few days
Original post by msak02

15th June is not a deadline. It is the last date universities have to give equal consideration to everyone. You can apply after that but the university can just reject you if they wish.Nearly all universities accept international non EU cases even in UCAS.
Original post by msak02

15 January is the equal consideration deadline for Home/EU students. International students are often encouraged to apply later if places are still available.

When you looked, KCL was still advertising places for Law, but only for International students --- it is not in Extra for Home/EU students. If you want to apply, the deadline is 6 p.m. on 30 June.
Reply 6
Original post by 学生の父
15 January is the equal consideration deadline for Home/EU students. International students are often encouraged to apply later if places are still available.

When you looked, KCL was still advertising places for Law, but only for International students --- it is not in Extra for Home/EU students. If you want to apply, the deadline is 6 p.m. on 30 June.

Thanks! Would you know if this means that their requirements may be lowered or would it be comparatively tougher to get in?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by esaaa
its ucas extra, there are many courses with vacancies this year, I recently applied for eee at kings. I'd say apply asap if you have good grades the spaces might fill up and ucas extra is closing in a few days

Did you already have your A-Level (I’m assuming) grades when you applied? Was your application successful? Lastly, where are you from?

thank you by the way :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by swanseajack1
15th June is not a deadline. It is the last date universities have to give equal consideration to everyone. You can apply after that but the university can just reject you if they wish.Nearly all universities accept international non EU cases even in UCAS.

understood, thank you
Reply 9
Original post by msak02
Did you already have your A-Level (I’m assuming) grades when you applied? Was your application successful? Lastly, where are you from?

thank you by the way :smile:

im still waiting for a decision, I didn't have A-levels but I had sat scores. and Im from turkey
Reply 10
Original post by esaaa
im still waiting for a decision, I didn't have A-levels but I had sat scores. and Im from turkey

Oh alright, I hope your application is successful! good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending