The Student Room Group

How big is big boobs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGuy89
well in that case more power to you! I hope it helps with your confidence down the line. :smile:

Thank you !!
Original post by Appirition
C - D is fairly average. E and above is probably considered as big.
As @Nautilus said, it could be that you're wearing the wrong size bra, or it could simply be the shape of your boobs and how they appear compared to your overall body shape and size.
When did you last get professionally fitted for a bra?

Never, I’ve always felt too awkward..
Reply 22
The one's that look like deployed airbags..:colone:
Reply 23
I feel like I have a very distorted view but to me it generally feels like a-c is small c/d-f is medium and f+ is large. This is all very dependent on band sizes though. I personally don’t know anyone below a DD except for my mum and hers seem quite small to me.
Reply 24
Original post by Corps
I feel like I have a very distorted view but to me it generally feels like a-c is small c/d-f is medium and f+ is large. This is all very dependent on band sizes though. I personally don’t know anyone below a DD except for my mum and hers seem quite small to me.

This might just be me being old fashioned but isn't ogling your mothers fun bags generally frowned upon?
Original post by Napp
This might just be me being old fashioned but isn't ogling your mothers fun bags generally frowned upon?

My thoughts exactly 🤣 hopefully just an unfortunate choice of words!
Reply 26
Original post by Napp

I mean, I live in a very female oriented household. It’s quite common to talk about the size of our boobs, our insecurities, menstruation etc.
Original post by lucybirdx
From what I've seen the 'average' is apparently a 34-36DD, but I think this is increased from people who get implants/take extra oestrogen. A few years ago it was 34B so I'd say a 34C/D is average. 'Big' really depends on the band size, like how big the boobs are in comparison to the actual person instead of a kind of one-size-fits-all thing, but anything that's a DD+ would generally be 'big' for the majority of band sizes (someone correct me if I'm wrong though!!!)

😭😭😭😭😭

So it is official. I have tiny boobs.
Reply 28
Original post by Corps
I mean, I live in a very female oriented household. It’s quite common to talk about the size of our boobs, our insecurities, menstruation etc.

Don't worry i was just being rude :tongue:
I depends from person to person 40 D is probs gonna be a similar size to someone with 34 C, it really just depends on the ratio of someone's boobs to the rest of there body, theres no one cup that's big and another that's small.
Reply 30
Original post by Nabu123
I depends from person to person 40 D is probs gonna be a similar size to someone with 34 C, it really just depends on the ratio of someone's boobs to the rest of there body, theres no one cup that's big and another that's small.

As the band size goes up, the cup size does too, so while they may not proportionately look as large, they are still a larger mass (or more of a handful 😕).
Sister sizes are a thing though.
Original post by Anonymous
My dress size is 8 and my bra is 34c

I'm a size 8 too and before I got fitted I wore a 34B, after fitting I got told I was a 30DD (I wear a 32D for comfort though) so the sizing can change things a lot
Original post by ThatGuy89
C cup is considered medium amongst boob connoisseurs... 😂👍🏻

Yep. It is medium if not small. It's only a couple cm bigger than b cup which is minuscule...so D is like a small large...F is getting bigger..G is big. Anything over G is deliciously huge until you get to like....the middle of the alphabet like...N CUP.....😬
Original post by Nabu123

that's true too. but generally size letters mean something. And in no world is C big and G is small 😁
My girl is G, won't get into details about her exact size but she's large, I have big hands and even one of her boobs still spills out of my hand 🔴✋
My dress size is 8 and my bra is 34c

Then it sounds like you are wearing the wrong size. Measure yourself under your boobs then measure over. If you are a size 8 my guess is that your under boob size is probably between 28 - 30 inches. You need to go down a band size or two and up a cup size or two, so try a 32D or a 30DD or even a 28E.

The M and S method of measuring is wrong, and is the reason that most women are wearing the wrong bra size.

Remember a C cup in a 34 bra is not the same size as a C cup in a 32 inch bra. The cup in a 34C is the same size as a cup in a 32D
Im 28 E cuz my band waist is smaller than avergae (smallest 30 if ur lucky or 32)but my cup size is large
A woman who gets gawped at for the size of her boobs when normally dressed would probably say she has big boobs.
Never, I’ve always felt too awkward..

Try both of these, and see what size they suggest you are
A Bra That Fits Size Calculator
huluNY Bra Fit Finder
As @Nautilus says, it sounds like you could be wearing the wrong size bra, so those two links should help you find out what size you should be wearing, and using those avoids the awkwardness of going to shops and getting measured by someone.
What size would be considered average, and what size big?

Being a guy, I have no clue about the size, but if you look straight down through your chest and can't see your feet then your breasts are large enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending