The Student Room Group

Apply for masters?

Hello, I’m really stuck with what to do right now regarding applying for a masters this year.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by olxvia
Hello, I’m really stuck with what to do right now regarding applying for a masters this year. The uni I wanted to go to isn’t offering the placement option module due to coronavirus and now I’m thinking if it’s even worth going overall. I’m also worried about my parents as they are shielded and I have no other family, I am concerned about living in another city away from them. I don’t know how I will see them at Xmas etc as I don’t want to bring the virus home. However I’ve already had a year off from education and didn’t really want to defer another year. I am aware that it’s getting late in the year and probably have missed securing accommodation.

Hi @olxvia

I would consider asking the university which you have applied for whether there would be an option to complete the placement module at a later date if this is an important part/reason why you have chosen that course at that specific university?
But potentially also look and see what other universities offer and whether they have the option of a placement module as part of their course and if they're still going ahead with it.
It is also important to consider how university which you have applied for is delivering their teaching because if they're going to deliver lectures etc online then this will impact how many people you come into contact with. Each university will have its own measures in place in regards to delivering teaching and ensuring social distancing measures etc. are met.

Hope this helps a bit,

Best wishes with everything,
Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending