The Student Room Group

Unit 6 nhs timeline access to midwifery

I’m also starting this and I’m 4 units behind need help with this 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tabby121
I’m also starting this and I’m 4 units behind need help with this 6

Hi, I was told to link the events that you speak about in the presentation into the timeline, so 1948, NHS begins, 1960's development of facilities, 1974 NHS reorganisation etc.. there's loads of research/articles which will give you a timeline too.
Reply 2
Do you have to add more paragraphs on the side what details did you have to add in a part from the timeline itself ? Thanks for the reply
Do you have to add more paragraphs on the side what details did you have to add in a part from the timeline itself ? Thanks for the reply

I haven’t had it marked as they’re behind on marking but I’ve just put the timeline at the top of the poster and then underneath wrote about the 3 subsections across 2 pages if that’s makes sense
Reply 4
Have you had yours marked yet ? What do you put in the 3 subsections ? Does it have to referenced or in your work words ?
Have you had yours marked yet ? What do you put in the 3 subsections ? Does it have to referenced or in your work words ?

No I have a huge backlog, waiting for them to mark previous units. I researched info based on what they provided and referenced that. I found it quite difficult but managed to get quite a bit in the end. I used all the subheadings they gave but if I found different ones I used those to show I’ve done research if that’s makes sense. It looks really messy but, it’s a lot of work for a poster I think
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Do you need to put a reference list if used sources from sites etc ?
Do you need to put a reference list if used sources from sites etc ?

Yes on a separate page, you need to reference any thing you find that’s not been taught or your own knowledge
Reply 8
Thank you very much you’ve been very kind and prompt with replying much appreciated x
Thank you very much you’ve been very kind and prompt with replying much appreciated x

No problem! Glad I could help, obviously I don’t know if it’s correct but that’s what I’ve done! What course are you doing and who with? X
Reply 10
I’m doing access to midwifery with learn direct as I haven’t resumed studies I’m quite behind. I’ve done the main parts for the poster but have no idea what bullet points to put for how the nhs responds to changing demands and the effects on changes to funding use of market forces
I’m doing access to midwifery with learn direct as I haven’t resumed studies I’m quite behind. I’ve done the main parts for the poster but have no idea what bullet points to put for how the nhs responds to changing demands and the effects on changes to funding use of market forces

Ohh I see! I’m with Stonebridge but I’m sure they’re the same company as one brought the other out! Deffo be able to help each other with other units!!

I used the extended learning, it gave a market forces article and it took a while to read but there’s a lot of good information in it too, if that helps. Have a read and I can always try and help again after if you’re still struggling.
What platform do you use? We’re on Pearl
Reply 12
I believe it’s pearl too for the units does it have to be all my own words or can it be cited from a source do you know ?
I believe it’s pearl too for the units does it have to be all my own words or can it be cited from a source do you know ?

If it’s a paragraph you’ll need to paraphrase it and cite it which is in your own words but still remaining what they original text says or if it’s a sentence or statistic, something short you can cite it using their words as long as you reference it If that makes sense
Reply 14
Still having trouble with getting the information for the funding part on the nhs timeline
Reply 15
Has you passed unit 6 yet ? I’m still stuck on it x
Has you passed unit 6 yet ? I’m still stuck on it x

Hi I’m so sorry!! I’ve only just seen this!! No notifications. I’m having a right mare with it as they can’t see my work so it’s had to go through IT people! I’ll help where I can. What part are you stuck on x
Reply 17
It’s the changing demands placed upon nhs and effects on changes to funding and use of market forces xx
So explain what market forces are

Then
Advantages of MF
Better efficiency of hospitals
Fundholding
Space
Disadvantages of MF
Decrease in patient health
Decrease in patient satisfaction

I’ve attached some links which may help you

https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2005/gp-fundholding/

Segall, M.M . (2018). We Should Scrap the Internal Market. The BMJ, 363, k4162.
Dixon. J, Grand J.L & Smith P (2003) Can Market Forces Be Used For Good? 1st Ed. London. Kings Fund.

Brereton. L & Vasoodaven. V (2010). The Impact of the NHS Market. 1st Ed. London. Civitas.
Akehurst. R, Brazier. J & Normand. C (1988). Internal Markets In The National Health Service. A Review Of The Economic Issues. Heslington. University of York.
Reply 19
Thank you very much for your help I do appreciate it I’ve also lost my poster that I saved today so now having to start all over again I could cry! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending