The Student Room Group

Sales Position Offer

Hey guys,

I just got an offer for a Sale Executive position with a salary of £19,000. Which will be increased depending on how I reach my target. (+commision of course)
The job is about making sales for an IT business with cold calling involved.
I have experience in Sales (Door to door) and Marketing (digital) but for 6 months in each. I have been searching for a job for 4 months now but barely have any offer or even get to any final job interview but this.

I wonder if the job is worth it? What can I develop? What can I do in my future career?
Original post by AprilHoang
Hey guys,

I just got an offer for a Sale Executive position with a salary of £19,000. Which will be increased depending on how I reach my target. (+commision of course)
The job is about making sales for an IT business with cold calling involved.
I have experience in Sales (Door to door) and Marketing (digital) but for 6 months in each. I have been searching for a job for 4 months now but barely have any offer or even get to any final job interview but this.

I wonder if the job is worth it? What can I develop? What can I do in my future career?

Some people are fine with and good at sales other people are not.
The fact you have done it before means you know what its like and you will get a lot of rejections. Cold calling IMO is very hard.
That said it gives you a salary and time to look for another job? If you are planning on staying in sales, then it should make it easier to get another job or alternatively decline and go after something you are m more interested in.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Some people are fine with and good at sales other people are not.
The fact you have done it before means you know what its like and you will get a lot of rejections. Cold calling IMO is very hard.
That said it gives you a salary and time to look for another job? If you are planning on staying in sales, then it should make it easier to get another job or alternatively decline and go after something you are m more interested in.

Thank you for your comment. As it has 3-month probation so I will go for it and see if it worth it. Anyway if it has a salary base, it will be much better than what I have done before where commission only.
Original post by AprilHoang
Thank you for your comment. As it has 3-month probation so I will go for it and see if it worth it. Anyway if it has a salary base, it will be much better than what I have done before where commission only.

Just prepare your brain for the challenges of sales.
At the same time look for another job and keep applying so you are trying to create different options.
Try to save some money to use as a fighting fund for your job search. It's easier if you view it in these terms because then you have a purpose to stick it out and know that it won't last forever.

Get a second hand copy of Richard Nelson Bolles- What color is my parachute, which is a bit American, but will help you clarify what career change you want, how to survive a recession and hunt for a job. Any copy from the last 4 years is fine as the changes are minor and you can pick up from ebay or Amazon for less than £5. Seems to me its important you decide what you want, so you have a target and then you can focus your applications and what extra you need for your CV rather than drift.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending