The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Parking or park and ride for Hull university

Hi,
I am due to start university at hull in September and will be travelling from Sheffield, because of the mileage I will be travelling I can apply to use the university student carpark, however until I have registered and got my student number I can't do that, so can anybody please tell me where is best to park within walking distance to the university, maybe a carpark that is longer than 2 hrs, or whether there is street parking on the streets surrounding the university area ?
As well as that does anybody know of whether the hull park and ride goes to the university because the only one I have found online only goes past the college.
Thanks in advance.
You can park in the surrounding streets, but only if you get in early. For the first couple of weeks they won't be checking the car parks for permits anyway, so you soould be OK. The park and ride doesn't go to the Uni. You could get it to the city centre and then a different bus out, but that is such a faff you might as well just drive in. Or, get a train from Sheffield and then bus to campus from the station.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm in the same position and was wondering about this.

I will be driving from Barnsley and will also need a permit to use the Uni student car park.

I think I will give the Uni a call on Monday to see what they advise. Will post back on here if needed.
Reply 3
Are you moving into the Courtyard? I'm not sure where you would park, if so, because I know there are only a few spaces right outside it and the car park nearest is being done up (unless they have finished in the last few months). I know that if you are moving to the Lawns though you will be driving there and parking on grass as it isn't on campus. The streets will be busy as hull SAS says.
Reply 4
Hi I’m a bit late on this thread, but I’m travelling in from Lancashire and only go home at the weekends would I be able to park my car all week without moving it ?
Depends where you will be living.
Original post by Koala3
Hi I’m a bit late on this thread, but I’m travelling in from Lancashire and only go home at the weekends would I be able to park my car all week without moving it ?

Hi @Koala3

It depends on whether you are living in on-site campus accommodation.
A large proportion of the parking on campus is permit holders only, with the exception of the Wilberforce Car Park which is Pay on foot car park (but also used by permit holders). Daily costs for parking in the Wilberforce Car Park is £2 a day.
There is also a pay and display (cash only) car park located off Inglemire Lane at the back of the University near the sports areas. Rates are the same as those in the Wilberforce car park.
Salmon Grove and Inglemire Lane have some unrestricted parking areas (please check signage) and some nearby streets within walking distance to the campus offer another alternative.

Hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Reply 7
I was just wondering if I apply for a parking permit the £50 one with me travelling from Rotherham does this mean once I have purchased the pass I will have a parking spot or is it still frost come first served?
Reply 8
Original post by Alixnic
I was just wondering if I apply for a parking permit the £50 one with me travelling from Rotherham does this mean once I have purchased the pass I will have a parking spot or is it still frost come first served?

Hi Im starting at hull this September and wanting to take my car down, just wondering what did you end up doing? was there car parking spaces available if so where?

Quick Reply

Latest