The Student Room Group

mercedes insurance for 18 year old first car

I have recently passed my driving test, and I am about to turn 18, but I cant decide what car to chose.
I am looking at 3 options

2020 Mercedes A35
2020 Mercedes C250
2020 BMW 3 series M Sport

My decision will be based on the insurance costs.
Does anyone know a rough idea of the prices on insurance for someone like me to drive.

I have a current salary of around 200k a year, so money isn't an issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Joegoddard_19
I have recently passed my driving test, and I am about to turn 18, but I cant decide what car to chose.
I am looking at 3 options

2020 Mercedes A35
2020 Mercedes C250
2020 BMW 3 series M Sport

Does anyone know a rough idea of the prices on insurance for someone like me to drive.

Join Date 29-06-2020

Why am I not surprised...

@Reality Check
Original post by IWMTom
Join Date 29-06-2020

Why am I not surprised...

@Reality Check

PRSOM. Checks out.
So you say money isn’t an issue but you’re concerned about insurance price...? Why does it matter
200k but can't call an insurance company :tongue:
Reply 5
May I ask how you are earning 200k at 17?!?
Reply 6

Money's no issue, except when money's an issue.

Learn how to troll coherently.
I am concerned about insurance because I dont want to waste my money if I can save some. I want to buy a nice car as reward to myself, and I have worked hard to be where I am.
I make my money through the foreign exchange markets, but that is not the point.
I would rather spend the least amount on insurance where I can. So I can invest that money in different areas.

I am being 100% serious
It was just a question I thought some people would be able to help me with.
It was just a question I thought some people would be able to help me with.

No one is going to be able to help with this as these are not the sort of car that 17 yr olds drive. It just comes across as bragging.
oh I see, not my I mention at all. I am not very good with this sort of thing, so I just wanted some advice
intention*
well to reply sensibly, your going to get absoloutly shafted on all those cars through insurance, and I would be very worried about your lack of experience on the road with these "powerful" cars (objective as you wouldn't have done your lessons in a car with over 200bhp)

if you don't end up dinging it then your extremely lucky... 90% of new drivers ding their car within the first year but it's your money, you do what you like :smile:
Original post by richmkay
well to reply sensibly, your going to get absoloutly shafted on all those cars through insurance, and I would be very worried about your lack of experience on the road with these "powerful" cars (objective as you wouldn't have done your lessons in a car with over 200bhp)

if you don't end up dinging it then your extremely lucky... 90% of new drivers ding their car within the first year but it's your money, you do what you like :smile:

Thank you.
Something smaller would be better then.
I just want to get something nice, you know?
Thank you.
Something smaller would be better then.
I just want to get something nice, you know?

Get a bike m8, no insurance required and it’ll be good for your health
Original post by Themedkid
Get a bike m8, no insurance required and it’ll be good for your health

👍 ok
Reply 16
I couldn't get insured on my parent's mercedes until I was 21.
there is nothing wrong with having something nice, everyone wants a nice car but even at my age (almost 30) I sometimes drive my work cars with a bit of speed and when it gets twitchy, I back off completely.

if your after something nice but won't cost you the earth (or your life) look at the seat Leon's/Audi a1/focus st line. whilst they don't have much street cred, you won't burn through fuel and they can be driven fast whilst still being fun with the added bonus of being quite low insurance groups espically for young people. the a1 is probably the biggest group but it's your decision

try and get test drives and don't go into it with the mindset of having the best looking car because you'll have it for a few years, comfort and economy should be on top of the list as the UK is about to hit the **** with the economy.
Original post by richmkay
there is nothing wrong with having something nice, everyone wants a nice car but even at my age (almost 30) I sometimes drive my work cars with a bit of speed and when it gets twitchy, I back off completely.

if your after something nice but won't cost you the earth (or your life) look at the seat Leon's/Audi a1/focus st line. whilst they don't have much street cred, you won't burn through fuel and they can be driven fast whilst still being fun with the added bonus of being quite low insurance groups espically for young people. the a1 is probably the biggest group but it's your decision

try and get test drives and don't go into it with the mindset of having the best looking car because you'll have it for a few years, comfort and economy should be on top of the list as the UK is about to hit the **** with the economy.

Thank you I appreciate your help
Original post by 73iso
I couldn't get insured on my parent's mercedes until I was 21.

Yeah I have to look for some others then

Latest

Trending

Trending