The Student Room Group

Highest mark in the world

So I know that edexcel hands out awards for outstanding marks, for example the highest mark in the country, region, or worldwide. Just wanted to ask y'all if you or anyone you know have received any of these awards, and if possible how many marks they got roughly! I think that they would be really helpful when applying for college, especially in the USA where I'm planning to go to, as they'd show you're one in like hundreds of thousands.
Any help much appreciated!!!
Reply 1
These don't exist in the UK. Anyone who ever talks about them is taking International qualifications.
Original post by Compost
These don't exist in the UK. Anyone who ever talks about them is taking International qualifications.

Thanks for the info.
Reply 3
I got two in edexcel igcse.
Country highest (Myanmar)
Mathematics 99/100
Physics 170/180

The marks that can get award varies from each year, country and quality of students.

For IALs, it is usually 570+ for science subjects and 590+ for math subjects to get country first.
World first is full 600/600.

I took in 2019MayJune, got 599/600 in maths.
Retook in 2019OctNov, got 600/600.
Idk about the awards yet for this year.
Reply 4
Original post by Aung
I got two in edexcel igcse.
Country highest (Myanmar)
Mathematics 99/100
Physics 170/180

The marks that can get award varies from each year, country and quality of students.

For IALs, it is usually 570+ for science subjects and 590+ for math subjects to get country first.
World first is full 600/600.

I took in 2019MayJune, got 599/600 in maths.
Retook in 2019OctNov, got 600/600.
Idk about the awards yet for this year.

Oh my good gracious go somewhere else please you’re making me cry :cry2:

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Moonbow
Oh my good gracious go somewhere else please you’re making me cry :cry2:

Spoiler

i was planning to get 100% in my spanish gcse but this damn corona stopped me :cry2:
Reply 6
Original post by macy_m
i was planning to get 100% in my spanish gcse but this damn corona stopped me :cry2:

You’re too smart lmao 🤣
It’ll be ok amigo 🥺🥺
Reply 7
Do these awards (a certificate and medal) helps us get scholarships in university?
Original post by Aung
Do these awards (a certificate and medal) helps us get scholarships in university?

I thought I was the only Burmese on this site
Reply 9
Original post by V1ct0r
I thought I was the only Burmese on this site

Lol yea there are few.
Which batch r u from?
Original post by Aung
Lol yea there are few.
Which batch r u from?

2019 I guess? I never did GCSEs or A-Levels. I went to a government school, sat the matriculation (got 4Ds), did an HND in electronic engineering afterwards and came to Brookes to do a top-up, which I have just finished this May (got a 2:1) so I'll be going back to Myanmar in two weeks possibly.
Nice one bro, I got 598/600. I missed 2 parks in P3 for doing incorrect implicit differentiation (which still irritates me).
Reply 12
Original post by Keshav Ganesh
Nice one bro, I got 598/600. I missed 2 parks in P3 for doing incorrect implicit differentiation (which still irritates me).

I got 600/600 for Maths, 599/600 for Further Maths, and 584/600 for Physics.
I only have 277/300 for AS Chemistry though😂
By the way, those were back in 2020 June.
wow those are some insane marks. I also wrote further math and I got 286/300 in AS level, cause I got an 86 in FP1 cause I messed up 1 question. Managed to recover by getting a 100 in FP2. Gonna finish the last 3 components this june. I fared better in physics and chem though, 595 and 589 respectively.where'd you go for university cause you have some KILLER scores.
This thread is way too sweaty
If it counts, I got 98% in AS chemistry.. so 68/70 breadth lol
Reply 16
Original post by Keshav Ganesh
wow those are some insane marks. I also wrote further math and I got 286/300 in AS level, cause I got an 86 in FP1 cause I messed up 1 question. Managed to recover by getting a 100 in FP2. Gonna finish the last 3 components this june. I fared better in physics and chem though, 595 and 589 respectively.where'd you go for university cause you have some KILLER scores.

I applied to Cambridge University. I was shortlisted for interview but rejected via the winterpool.
Then there's me..
:rolleyes:

Spoiler

do they use raw marks or the adjusted marks for the outstanding learner awards?

Latest