The Student Room Group

What are the best a levels which go with maths and economics?

I probably want to aim for something like an accountant, so maths, economics and further maths are what I want to choose, however what would be a potentially good one to go with these? I didn't do history or geography for gcse however I wish I did
Chemistry 100%

Accountants look very fondly at chemistry and even accept a degree in chem for accounting jobs!
Original post by Rosiejs
I probably want to aim for something like an accountant, so maths, economics and further maths are what I want to choose, however what would be a potentially good one to go with these? I didn't do history or geography for gcse however I wish I did

If you want to do an accounting degree, you can go anywhere with maths and economics. It doesn't matter what other subject, take a less relevant one that you like and can get a high grade in.
To become an Accountant, only A level Maths is required. You can choose any third subject, it's completely up to you.
Original post by Rosiejs

Hi @Rosiejs!

Maybe take business/law/politics/english if that is an option? If not though then don't worry about it. You are already taking the subjects you need to become an accountant so definitely make sure your final option is something you will do well in.

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest