The Student Room Group

Have I been blocked??

So I messaged someone on WhatsApp yesterday and it only has one tick. This is strange as this person is always on their phone. There last seen is about a week ago, which is odd. When blocked can you see someone's last seen or does it just not update?
Reply 1
From WhatsApp’s FAQ:

There are a couple of indicators that you may be blocked:

You can no longer see a contact's last seen or online in the chat window.

You do not see updates to a contact's profile photo.

Any messages sent to a contact who has blocked you will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a second check mark (message delivered).

Any calls you attempt to place will not go through.

If you see all of the indicators above for a contact, this could mean that the user is blocking you. However, there are other possibilities. We have made this intentionally ambiguous in order to protect your privacy when you block someone. Thus, we cannot tell you if you are being blocked by someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by Bexjw
From WhatsApp’s FAQ:

There are a couple of indicators that you may be blocked:

You can no longer see a contact's last seen or online in the chat window.

You do not see updates to a contact's profile photo.

Any messages sent to a contact who has blocked you will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a second check mark (message delivered).

Any calls you attempt to place will not go through.

If you see all of the indicators above for a contact, this could mean that the user is blocking you. However, there are other possibilities. We have made this intentionally ambiguous in order to protect your privacy when you block someone. Thus, we cannot tell you if you are being blocked by someone else.

I can see their last seen but it is over a week ago
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I can see their last seen but it is over a week ago

Then as the FAQ says, you’re not blocked. You wouldn’t see the ‘last seen’ message at all if you were.
Reply 4
Original post by Bexjw
Then as the FAQ says, you’re not blocked. You wouldn’t see the ‘last seen’ message at all if you were.

Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending