The Student Room Group

Best places to travel as a student

Im a student currently studying in London. I love to travel, but as you can imagine i’m on a student budget. I was just wondering what the most student friendly/budget friendly places are to visit from London? Thanks :smile: x
Original post by Anonymous
Im a student currently studying in London. I love to travel, but as you can imagine i’m on a student budget. I was just wondering what the most student friendly/budget friendly places are to visit from London? Thanks :smile: x

Hey! :smile:

I don't know if you mean in the UK or outside, but I'm going to assume you mean abroad?

When I want to go somewhere I just check for cheap flights to Europe on Ryanair or Skyscanner. I've seen flights for literally £5, and then from there, you can find cheap accommodation in the area whether a hostel, cheap hotel or air b n b. Usually, the places which have cheaper flights are usually quite cheap to go to in general, its always best checking beforehand though. :smile:

Apologies if you mean inside the UK.

Also, as a side note, have you considered working abroad over the summer? I usually work in the USA over summer, and then use my wages to pay to travel around after which is great as a student!! :smile:

Courtney -- Official Student Rep :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge where/are great places for me to go from London on day trips :smile:
Stone Henge
Isle of White
Cheddar gorge
Stratford upon Avon

Hi Anonymous,

I'd definitely recommend just keeping your eye out for deals and sales. Northern Rail did 20p train tickets last year and through using flight comparison websites I found £20 return flights.

In terms of locations are you looking at UK or abroad?

Thanks,
Millie
Student Rep

Over the past few years, students have drifted towards these hot spot destinations to get away:
Thailand.
Peru.
Hungary.
Cuba.
Indonesia.
Nepal.
Vietnam.
Greece.
Reply 6
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey! :smile:

I don't know if you mean in the UK or outside, but I'm going to assume you mean abroad?

When I want to go somewhere I just check for cheap flights to Europe on Ryanair or Skyscanner. I've seen flights for literally £5, and then from there, you can find cheap accommodation in the area whether a hostel, cheap hotel or air b n b. Usually, the places which have cheaper flights are usually quite cheap to go to in general, its always best checking beforehand though. :smile:

Apologies if you mean inside the UK.

Also, as a side note, have you considered working abroad over the summer? I usually work in the USA over summer, and then use my wages to pay to travel around after which is great as a student!! :smile:

Hi! Thank u so much for the detailed answer! and I meant both in the UK and international. I’m an international student myself so i haven’t seen much of the uk anyway!
Reply 7
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi Anonymous,

I'd definitely recommend just keeping your eye out for deals and sales. Northern Rail did 20p train tickets last year and through using flight comparison websites I found £20 return flights.

In terms of locations are you looking at UK or abroad?

Thanks,
Millie
Student Rep

Hi! Both are more than okay. I want to see more of the UK and i’d assume that those trips would be cheaper than international trips (correct me if i’m wrong though)
Hi! Thank u so much for the detailed answer! and I meant both in the UK and international. I’m an international student myself so i haven’t seen much of the uk anyway!

No problem! :smile:

Ah right okay! :smile: There are some lovely places to visit in the UK! Where about are you in the country as there are probably some really nice areas close to you? :smile:

Hi! Both are more than okay. I want to see more of the UK and i’d assume that those trips would be cheaper than international trips (correct me if i’m wrong though)

You'd actually be quite surprised! I went to Edinburgh for New Years and it probably cost me about the same or even more money than going to Spain for a few days! It all depends on what sort of deals you can bag yourself! I've seen flights to loads of different areas in Europe for £5 one way!! :smile:

Trains can be very expensive in the UK if you can't find deals, for example, it would cost me over £100 to get home from uni by train! I know a lot of people don't like them, but I love coaches for travelling in the UK! They are a lot cheaper than trains, comfier, you always have plugs, and most offer wifi for entertainment! I'd definitely recommend looking into them when the current situation is over! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending