The Student Room Group

Access to HE Unit 4: Preparing a written assignment

Hi guys! JUst wondering if anybody could help me before I throw my laptop out the window! Has anybody completed unit 4 of Stonebridge colleges Access to HE? Im having a complete brain block on what to include in my timetable approach to assignment planning.

The question is;
You are required to produce an assignment plan that will support you when writing an illustrated report for your unit 5 assignment.

I know how to make a timetable I just have no idea what content to include in it? If anybody could give me some advice I'd be so grateful! I wasnt expecting all these units on study practice when I joined and its really frustrating me. Thanks so much in advance x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jadey94
Hi guys! JUst wondering if anybody could help me before I throw my laptop out the window! Has anybody completed unit 4 of Stonebridge colleges Access to HE? Im having a complete brain block on what to include in my timetable approach to assignment planning.

The question is;
You are required to produce an assignment plan that will support you when writing an illustrated report for your unit 5 assignment.

I know how to make a timetable I just have no idea what content to include in it? If anybody could give me some advice I'd be so grateful! I wasnt expecting all these units on study practice when I joined and its really frustrating me. Thanks so much in advance x

It's impossible to say what to include specifically without seeing what's required for Unit 5.

But I would suggest breaking the assignment down and showing a timeline of what you need to do - something like:

What areas you need to research.
How you will do the research - read books, internet, college libraries, etc.
Is there any theories / theorists that would back up your information.
When you'll have the first draft of your assignment done.
When the final draft of your assignment will be completed.

Good luck - you'll get there!
Reply 2
Original post by paulastamp
It's impossible to say what to include specifically without seeing what's required for Unit 5.

But I would suggest breaking the assignment down and showing a timeline of what you need to do - something like:

What areas you need to research.
How you will do the research - read books, internet, college libraries, etc.
Is there any theories / theorists that would back up your information.
When you'll have the first draft of your assignment done.
When the final draft of your assignment will be completed.

Good luck - you'll get there!

Thank you so much for your reply, in the end I spent hours on a really intricate timetable only to see the guide model which I hadn't spotted beforehand which was 1000 X more basic than the one i'd done! Thats where overthinking and skimming the assignment brief will get you I guess! Thanks again for your help xx
Original post by jadey94
Thank you so much for your reply, in the end I spent hours on a really intricate timetable only to see the guide model which I hadn't spotted beforehand which was 1000 X more basic than the one i'd done! Thats where overthinking and skimming the assignment brief will get you I guess! Thanks again for your help xx

Haha, yep - rule number 1 - read and reread the question, and look at the learning objectives you're aiming to cover!
Reply 4
Original post by jadey94

Hi Jadey94,

I am currently on the same question now and struggling, grateful if you could explain a bit more. Thank you.

Vic
Original post by Vic3030
Hi Jadey94,

I am currently on the same question now and struggling, grateful if you could explain a bit more. Thank you.

Vic

Hi All
I am currently stuck on this question. Can anyone help please!
Thank you
Reply 6
Original post by MatStudent1120
Hi All
I am currently stuck on this question. Can anyone help please!
Thank you

Me too please I submitted it and didnt pass it 😭😭😭
Original post by Aj0198
Me too please I submitted it and didnt pass it 😭😭😭

The tutor said my presentation was good but I still need to write ' format for an academic report' (methodology, findings, research and so on with word counts) separately.
Can someone help us, please !! I am losing my mind!!!
Original post by MatStudent1120
The tutor said my presentation was good but I still need to write ' format for an academic report' (methodology, findings, research and so on with word counts) separately.
Can someone help us, please !! I am losing my mind!!!

Can someone help me please? I need tp complete this as soon as possible in order to continue with my course
Reply 9
Im struggling on this too! Do I fill out the plan? Leave it blank? Or what? So poorly worded x
Original post by MegJade1
Im struggling on this too! Do I fill out the plan? Leave it blank? Or what? So poorly worded x

How have you got on with this assignment, I'm unsure how much detail I need to go in.
Reply 11
Just wanted to join onto this thread to see if any of you guys have finally completed it, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you completely stuck on what I am doing here!
Reply 12
Oh dear God, unit 4 am just stuck....l have seen the brief but where do l fit the introduction how do l lay it out!! Didn’t know it was gonna be this hard
Tell me about it. Would help if they worded it properly. What the hells this ten day assignment **** we have a month to submit it!
Reply 14
ji

Original post by jadey94

The question is;

hi jadey have you completed this yet? im stuck on this too
Reply 15
hello, I am struggling with this unit as well, is there any chance you could tell me where you found this guide model so I can understand a bit and finish my assignment , it is driving me absolutely insane.
Original post by jadey94

Hi Jadey, I'm now stuck on this! I've looked back several times over my reading material and can't find a guide model. Do you by any chance remember whereabouts it was? Many thanks
Reply 17
can someone help me please i have been stuck on this for a week now.
Original post by Missy93&lt
Tell me about it. Would help if they worded it properly. What the hells this ten day assignment **** we have a month to submit it!

Hey did you manage to get any further with the 10 day s? Does it mean we produce an assignment plan for 10 days? I have no idea, haha.

Their template is a monthly calendar so I really don't know what they mean.
Original post by Carliflower
Hey did you manage to get any further with the 10 day s? Does it mean we produce an assignment plan for 10 days? I have no idea, haha.

Their template is a monthly calendar so I really don't know what they mean.

Yeah it's kinda just like writing out your to do list for the day. Do it like that, explain what process you'll do during the day.... Such as 10am wake up, coffee
11am- read learning materials(make notes), 12pm lunch, 1pm, watch videos on cells ect ect. Do this for ten days. Make sure you give yourself time to research and still do things for you. Such as meal times and exercise put it all in. I did mine based on a 10am start and a 7-8pm finish most days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending