The Student Room Group

I will not receive my results in time, help?

I have been offered multiple places on nursing courses which is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but did not have the entry requirements, I instead studied with the open University, so will be transferring unis. My problem is that I need 120 UCAS points, however, for my last module, I will not recieve my overall grade for the course uni mid October, with unis wanting this by August/September time, I was told this shouldn’t be an issue by everyone I have spoken to but have been emailing for months (cannot call due in to corona) and have got the answer of “we need academic entry requirements by the 7th September” what am I to do?? It seems ridiculous to not get in due to a lack of result that I will realistically get! I cannot afford to take a gap year and it’s a now or never kind of things: to not be a nurse due to a month delay in results, is so so stressful, is there anything I can do? Unis are not giving me answers quick enough
Can you speak to your module officer about when you’ll be receiving grades and explain your situation?
Reply 2
Original post by Econ1906
Can you speak to your module officer about when you’ll be receiving grades and explain your situation?

I have spoken with the OU who state they cannot give results any quicker than 29th october, nobody at the uni I have applied for seem to know ethier
Original post by Nicolexoxo
I have been offered multiple places on nursing courses which is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but did not have the entry requirements, I instead studied with the open University, so will be transferring unis. My problem is that I need 120 UCAS points, however, for my last module, I will not recieve my overall grade for the course uni mid October, with unis wanting this by August/September time, I was told this shouldn’t be an issue by everyone I have spoken to but have been emailing for months (cannot call due in to corona) and have got the answer of “we need academic entry requirements by the 7th September” what am I to do?? It seems ridiculous to not get in due to a lack of result that I will realistically get! I cannot afford to take a gap year and it’s a now or never kind of things: to not be a nurse due to a month delay in results, is so so stressful, is there anything I can do? Unis are not giving me answers quick enough

Is this normal for OU or is it cv19 related?
In any sense you are overcomplicating things.

Get a letter from the OU or your tutor confirming you have sat the exam, they understand the result is needed for uni entrance, but the results for the module will not be available till X date as that is OU policy and they cannot change it.

Forward that to your firm and insurance.
See what happens on results day.
One of the reasons I suggest doing brick access, A levels or btec.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Is this normal for OU or is it cv19 related?
In any sense you are overcomplicating things.

Get a letter from the OU or your tutor confirming you have sat the exam, they understand the result is needed for uni entrance, but the results for the module will not be available till X date as that is OU policy and they cannot change it.

Forward that to your firm and insurance.
See what happens on results day.
One of the reasons I suggest doing brick access, A levels or btec.

I was right actually and no, the univercity will not accept my one month late grades, so my entire work for the year and all the time/money in interviews was a complete waste of my time :smile:
I was right actually and no, the univercity will not accept my one month late grades, so my entire work for the year and all the time/money in interviews was a complete waste of my time :smile:

Did the university start by saying they would accept you without having your result by October?
If so you can make a complaint as to why they said something that turned out not to be true.

In the meantime you can look at either clearing, to see if anyone else will accept you or consider courses that start at the beginning of 2021.
Using OU for uni entrance is non standard. Most people use level 3 qualifications such as A levels or Access.
Reply 6
Did the university start by saying they would accept you without having your result by October?
If so you can make a complaint as to why they said something that turned out not to be true.

In the meantime you can look at either clearing, to see if anyone else will accept you or consider courses that start at the beginning of 2021.
Using OU for uni entrance is non standard. Most people use level 3 qualifications such as A levels or Access.

I have explained the situation in interviews, emails etc, every person i spoke to told me that this "shouldn't" be an issue. Turns out it is. The admissions tutor also told me when she was looking into it that she was confident it wouldn't be a problem
I have explained the situation in interviews, emails etc, every person i spoke to told me that this "shouldn't" be an issue. Turns out it is. The admissions tutor also told me when she was looking into it that she was confident it wouldn't be a problem

If the course organiser i.e those who interviewed and admissions said no issue I would make a complaint.
If the course organiser i.e those who interviewed and admissions said no issue I would make a complaint.

Many universities have more than one nursing course intake per year, so you may not be able to start in September but you may be able to defer and start in January or March/April depending on when your chosen unis second intake is. It would only delay you by a few months and not a year :smile: goodluck 🤗
Original post by OnlySonia
Many universities have more than one nursing course intake per year, so you may not be able to start in September but you may be able to defer and start in January or March/April depending on when your chosen unis second intake is. It would only delay you by a few months and not a year :smile: goodluck 🤗

You need to tag the OP

Many universities have more than one nursing course intake per year, so you may not be able to start in September but you may be able to defer and start in January or March/April depending on when your chosen unis second intake is. It would only delay you by a few months and not a year goodluck 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending