The Student Room Group

Czech medical college

Charles Third faculty of Medicine or Masaryk???
Reply 1
Original post by Sillk
Charles Third faculty of Medicine or Masaryk???

Hi,
I'm in the same predicament. I have an offer for third faculty and yet to sit exam in Masaryk.
Reply 2
Original post by zaidia07
Hi,
I'm in the same predicament. I have an offer for third faculty and yet to sit exam in Masaryk.

I decided on Masaryk
Reply 3
Original post by Sillk
I decided on Masaryk

What made you choose Masaryk?
Reply 4
What made you choose Masaryk?

The university is bigger and more aesthetically pleasing plus it is cheaper than Charles third faculty only by a few thousand but Prague is a very expensive city to live in and Brno isn’t
Tho if money is not a concern at all for u
Then I’d tell you to choose Charles third
Because Prague is very beautiful and rich in culture
And woudnt you want to wake up in that everyday for the next 6 years
Reply 5
Guys I have heard rumours about British students getting failed in the Final year in Czech Unis don't know how true it is as nobody has come out with their face and name on youtube or anything to explain it.

Hvae you guys heard anything of the sort?
Reply 6
Original post by Jess9700
Guys I have heard rumours about British students getting failed in the Final year in Czech Unis don't know how true it is as nobody has come out with their face and name on youtube or anything to explain it.

Hvae you guys heard anything of the sort?

No but I heard some of the unis purposely fail minority students
Reply 7
Original post by Sillk
The university is bigger and more aesthetically pleasing plus it is cheaper than Charles third faculty only by a few thousand but Prague is a very expensive city to live in and Brno isn’t
Tho if money is not a concern at all for u
Then I’d tell you to choose Charles third
Because Prague is very beautiful and rich in culture
And woudnt you want to wake up in that everyday for the next 6 years

Thanks. I am also worried as I heard that Charles fails their students more easily and they are not given a chance.
Reply 8
Thanks. I am also worried as I heard that Charles fails their students more easily and they are not given a chance.

I’m not sure if that’s the case with Charles Third faculty but I know that Charles Hradec Kralove has that reputation
They are very cut throat and have tough semesters and ppl usually transfer from there to Masaryk or third faculty
As long as you stay on track from day one and don’t procrastinate with studying till exam season then you’ll be good in any uni
Medicine course will be tough In any uni
Reply 9
Original post by Sillk
I’m not sure if that’s the case with Charles Third faculty but I know that Charles Hradec Kralove has that reputation
They are very cut throat and have tough semesters and ppl usually transfer from there to Masaryk or third faculty
As long as you stay on track from day one and don’t procrastinate with studying till exam season then you’ll be good in any uni
Medicine course will be tough In any uni

Thanks for feedback. I'm also now thinking whether Sofia Medical in Bulgaria will be better.
Thanks for feedback. I'm also now thinking whether Sofia Medical in Bulgaria will be better.

Hi, I had a friend who was studying in HK but he got kicked out and transferred to Sofia Medical in Bulgaria. One thing to note all Charles University faculties are hard, how hard varies from faculty to faculty. I've heard Charles First fac is easy during the first year but gets extremely hard during the 2nd year. Similarly HK is intense right from the get go and also seems to be the case with 2nd and 3rd fac.
Original post by DeadPlaymaker
Hi, I had a friend who was studying in HK but he got kicked out and transferred to Sofia Medical in Bulgaria. One thing to note all Charles University faculties are hard, how hard varies from faculty to faculty. I've heard Charles First fac is easy during the first year but gets extremely hard during the 2nd year. Similarly HK is intense right from the get go and also seems to be the case with 2nd and 3rd fac.

Thanks, that's helpful to know.
Original post by DeadPlaymaker

Could you ask that friend to come on here and share their experience, or stories of other students and what went well/badly for them.
And if they can get in touch with other students in other Czech Unis and hear their opinions also.
Original post by Anonymous
Could you ask that friend to come on here and share their experience, or stories of other students and what went well/badly for them.
And if they can get in touch with other students in other Czech Unis and hear their opinions also.

I could ask them these questions and then compile their answers for you over here :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending