The Student Room Group

Is eating pasta unhealthy

Is eating pasta for dinner everyday bad
Will it not help me lose weight??
Eating Pasta, can be good for you, not sure though if you eat it everyday.
Reply 2
Original post by Karisa96
Eating Pasta, can be good for you, not sure though if you eat it everyday.

Will it make me gain weight though
Only pasta and cheese
Cheese is more unhealthy
Original post by Zjsjjs
Will it make me gain weight though
Only pasta and cheese

It's not a great choice if you're having it every day. Don't you get bored of it?
Eat everything in moderation. ANYTHING can be unhealthy if eaten a lot or in vast quantities.
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
It's not a great choice if you're having it every day. Don't you get bored of it?

Nope
But is it better if i eat pasta or rice n curry everyday
For weightloss
Original post by Zjsjjs

Eating pasta can be part of a healthy diet.

Pasta is carb heavy so it depends on the rest of your diet and what how active you are.

Also with pasta what you have with it matters a lot, are you loading it up with alfredo sauce cheese & bacon or having it with pesto and vegetables
Ultimately if you want to lose weight, consume less calories then you burn.

You would probably be better off eating eggs, fish, quinoa, vegetables...
But its all about finding what works for you tho.
Original post by Zjsjjs
Nope
But is it better if i eat pasta or rice n curry everyday
For weightloss

Exactly as @mnot says, it's often not the pasta that's the problem, but what you're putting on it. Pasta per se isn't fattening, so long as it's part of a healthy balanced diet. If you want to lose weight, you need to eat less energy than you need.

I'd mix things up a bit: pasta some nights, rice and (low fat) curry others - and other things too :smile:
Well it’s a carb so too much isn’t good for you :s-smilie:
Try quinoa or something :h:
Reply 11
If you find yourself eating the same **** daily/ contemplating it then you really have to examine your relationship with food.

That's going to be a big obstacle in losing weight.
Uh oh this post called me out. I wouldn't say every day but at least 2 or 3 days a week my lunch will be just pasta and cheese :colondollar: and well if its not that it's pitta bread and cheese or noodles. I was going to buy some vegetables in my weekly shop but I was too lazy to walk to the end of the shop.
Original post by Zjsjjs

Weight loss is calorie deficit and not really what you eat.
What you eat is for nutritional health but it can fill you up, which complements weight loss.
Also what you have with it matters.

Record and weigh your food if you would like to get an idea of knowing what you are doing.
Pasta, like any food, isn’t inherently going to cause weight gain/loss. Calories cause weight gain and loss. I count calories and eat pasta on 90% of days - I don’t gain weight unless I want to and place myself in a calorie surplus.

So no, pasta isn’t “unhealthy”.
depends how much you're eating. huge plates will make you gain weight. keep it within your calorie limit and you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest