The Student Room Group

Girls' experience of menstruation in schools - request for replies

Hi,

As part of completing my Masters in Education, I’m researching about girls’ experiences of menstruation in schools. This is a topic that is rarely studied and often ignored. For one of my data collection methods I would like to use personal narrative to help me understand this subject area.

If you would like to contribute to this study and you are currently between the ages of 15- 20 years of age, please could you write an account (short or long) about your experiences of periods in primary/secondary school? This could include the following:

The usefulness and quality of period education that you have received (e.g., through PSHE lessons)

How the school through teacher attitudes, peer relationships and school culture etc. has impacted your experience of how you feel about menstruating in schools

The effects that menstruating in schools has had on your self-esteem

By participating and providing your experiences on this discussion forum, please be aware that you are giving your consent for this information to be used as part of my research anonymously. All information will comply with the British Educational Research Association ethics and adhere to The University of Hull’s data protection policies.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Reply 1
Original post by as222
Hi,

As part of completing my Masters in Education, I’m researching about girls’ experiences of menstruation in schools. This is a topic that is rarely studied and often ignored. For one of my data collection methods I would like to use personal narrative to help me understand this subject area.

If you would like to contribute to this study and you are currently between the ages of 15- 20 years of age, please could you write an account (short or long) about your experiences of periods in primary/secondary school? This could include the following:

The usefulness and quality of period education that you have received (e.g., through PSHE lessons)

How the school through teacher attitudes, peer relationships and school culture etc. has impacted your experience of how you feel about menstruating in schools

The effects that menstruating in schools has had on your self-esteem

By participating and providing your experiences on this discussion forum, please be aware that you are giving your consent for this information to be used as part of my research anonymously. All information will comply with the British Educational Research Association ethics and adhere to The University of Hull’s data protection policies.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi, I've moved this discussion to the Education debate page. Please comment on that thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending