The Student Room Group

Clearing process - course which I firmly accepted is on the list

I applied for Business with Economics course in Northumbria.

I received a conditional offer which requires me to pass Maths and english and achieve 120 UCAS Tariff points. I’m not sure if I will meet these conditions.
I know how clearing works. But...

As clearing is already available (and I’m hoping that I won’t have to go through this process) I have checked my firm choice uni (which is Northumbria) to see what clearing courses they have available if it turns out that I haven’t met the conditions of my offer.

They have got 161 clearing courses available.
And for some reason the course that I applied for - Business with Economics is on the list of these courses. (Form choice) There is also another course - Business with Financial Management available which I was also interested in but economics was something that I want to do.

However, as clearing courses are the ones that have many places left to fill in will this by any chance mean that even if I won’t meet the conditions of my offer For business with economics they might still accept me on this course? this course is on the clearing courses list anyway, which means that they have many places left to fill in on this course, could this mean that they might not reject me from this course as not many students applied for it?
Original post by eveline1910
I applied for Business with Economics course in Northumbria.

I received a conditional offer which requires me to pass Maths and english and achieve 120 UCAS Tariff points. I’m not sure if I will meet these conditions.
I know how clearing works. But...

As clearing is already available (and I’m hoping that I won’t have to go through this process) I have checked my firm choice uni (which is Northumbria) to see what clearing courses they have available if it turns out that I haven’t met the conditions of my offer.

They have got 161 clearing courses available.
And for some reason the course that I applied for - Business with Economics is on the list of these courses. (Form choice) There is also another course - Business with Financial Management available which I was also interested in but economics was something that I want to do.

However, as clearing courses are the ones that have many places left to fill in will this by any chance mean that even if I won’t meet the conditions of my offer For business with economics they might still accept me on this course? this course is on the clearing courses list anyway, which means that they have many places left to fill in on this course, could this mean that they might not reject me from this course as not many students applied for it?

It'll be up to the university whether they accept you with less than the entry requirements. They may accept less if they want to fill spaces, but they don't have to just because it's in Clearing.
Hi @eveline1910 :smile:

Our Applicant Services team will try their best to help if you do not meet your conditions. If this is the case, it may be that you receive a change of course offer, which would be for the Accounting, Finance and Economics Foundation Year.

After this, you would then be able to progress on to the Business with Economics degree.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your results!

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending