The Student Room Group

how are AS and A Level grades added up?

hi okay so i am currently doing my AS levels (well i suppose i’m finished now) but how do i add it up with my A Levels for next year in terms of ucas points?
do you add up the AS level subject that you haven't carried on in the second year to the three A Levels?
or do i add up all my AS level grades to all my A Level grades?

the former doesn’t quite seem right but i’m just confused and my school hasn’t really said how you add it up lol...could someone help?
You count the point for the higher qualification you've got in a subject. So if you have the AS level, but no A Level, you take the AS points. If you've got the A Level, you take only the A Level points.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by vicvic38
You count the point for the higher qualification you've got in a subject. So if you have the AS level, but no A Level, you take the AS points. If you've got the A Level, you take only the A Level points.

Hope that helps. :smile:

oh okay so i’m doing sociology, law, psychology and criminology as AS levels but for A Levels im just going to drop sociology so do i just calculate the law, psychology and criminology A Level grades along with my sociology AS level grade?

thank you (:
Original post by birights
oh okay so i’m doing sociology, law, psychology and criminology as AS levels but for A Levels im just going to drop sociology so do i just calculate the law, psychology and criminology A Level grades along with my sociology AS level grade?

thank you (:

Precisely!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending