Radians

Dont have a clue on 7d and 8 no example on youtube tells me how to
Reply 1
15935274855116769815914412102366.jpg
π radians = 180 degrees
radians = 360 degrees
1 radian 57.324 degrees
1 degree 0.017 radians

Hope this helps. Don't blame me for the weird units, radians are somehow more irritating to work with then the imperial system.
Reply 3
Original post by LiberOfLondon
π radians = 180 degrees
radians = 360 degrees
1 radian 57.324 degrees
1 degree 0.017 radians

Hope this helps. Don't blame me for the weird units, radians are somehow more irritating to work with then the imperial system.

What am I suppose to do with that
Original post by Jshek
What am I suppose to do with that

They're conversion tables between radians and degrees.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
They're conversion tables between radians and degrees.

I don't think OP has a problem with that, rather just the specific questions they have asked...
Reply 6
Original post by Jshek
15935274855116769815914412102366.jpg

For 7d, could you plot y = sin(x/3) if required? The "+1" at the end is just going to be a vertical shift applied to this...
Reply 7
Original post by davros
For 7d, could you plot y = sin(x/3) if required? The "+1" at the end is just going to be a vertical shift applied to this...

The answer attached I dont get it
Reply 8
Original post by Jshek
The answer attached I dont get it

Where is your confusion? They haven't gone all the way up to 6π6\pi unless you've cut off the image, but it should be straightforward.
You know that sin 0 = 0 so (sin 0 ) + 1 = 1 which gives you the intersection on the y-axis.

Also the first time that sin x reaches its minimum (-1) is at x=3π/2x = 3\pi/2 so if you're looking for the corresponding point on the graph of y = sin(x/3) it will be at x=9π/2x = 9\pi/2. Then y = sin(x/3) + 1 = -1 + 1 = 0 so this is the first intersection with the (positive) x-axis.
Original post by zetamcfc
I don't think OP has a problem with that, rather just the specific questions they have asked...

Ah. I misread the OP then.
Reply 10
Original post by davros
Where is your confusion? They haven't gone all the way up to 6π6\pi unless you've cut off the image, but it should be straightforward.
You know that sin 0 = 0 so (sin 0 ) + 1 = 1 which gives you the intersection on the y-axis.

Also the first time that sin x reaches its minimum (-1) is at x=3π/2x = 3\pi/2 so if you're looking for the corresponding point on the graph of y = sin(x/3) it will be at x=9π/2x = 9\pi/2. Then y = sin(x/3) + 1 = -1 + 1 = 0 so this is the first intersection with the (positive) x-axis.

Thanks I get it now but how do I do question 8?
Reply 11
Original post by Jshek
Thanks I get it now but how do I do question 8?

So for the x-axis intercepts you need to be solving cos(x2π3)=0\cos (x - \dfrac{2\pi}{3}) = 0 in the required region (domain of x values).

Start by thinking about when cos w = 0 for some angle w.
Reply 12
Original post by davros
So for the x-axis intercepts you need to be solving cos(x2π3)=0\cos (x - \dfrac{2\pi}{3}) = 0 in the required region (domain of x values).

Start by thinking about when cos w = 0 for some angle w.

I'm really busy can u just tell me thanks
Reply 13
Original post by Jshek
I'm really busy can u just tell me thanks

Well I'm busy too actually :smile:

I'm not going to tell you the answer - that's not how this forum works! You should be able to work this out by looking at the other examples you've worked on - it's basically a sideways translation of the standard cos graph.

Quick Reply

Latest