The Student Room Group

I got ok.. ish grades can i get in to a good uni?????

I GOT LIKE 344555678 at GCSE ,A level predicted Bs ,like to get in to a good uni(civil engineering), in year 12 is it too late ;( / what can i do????(in the midst of a exterenchel crisis)
Original post by Failure In Life
I GOT LIKE 344555678 at GCSE ,A level predicted Bs ,like to get in to a good uni(civil engineering), in year 12 is it too late ;( / what can i do????(in the midst of a exterenchel crisis)

I think you mean existential crisis but maybe not. Love your word.

So basically at gcse you got 3A,3B and 3 C. Nothing wrong with that. If you get 3B at A level of course you will get into a decent university. Not Oxbridge certainly but a fairly good one. Just work hard this next year
Reply 2
Original post by squeakysquirrel
I think you mean existential crisis but maybe not. Love your word.

So basically at gcse you got 3A,3B and 3 C. Nothing wrong with that. If you get 3B at A level of course you will get into a decent university. Not Oxbridge certainly but a fairly good one. Just work hard this next year

Not quite them grades. I agree with what you've said, but they didn't get "3A, 3B and 3C". "344555678" translates to one D, 5 C's, one B, one A and an A star.
Reply 3
For your subject: Surrey, Cardiff (BBB), and Loughborough and Newcastle (ABB) for aspirational choices.

Those grades are not too bad. Did you have any extenuating circumstances? Also, change your username. GCSE's do not define you and you are not a failure in life. :smile:

Which universities are you thinking of applying to?
Original post by gtty123
Not quite them grades. I agree with what you've said, but they didn't get "3A, 3B and 3C". "344555678" translates to one D, 5 C's, one B, one A and an A star.

ok g no need to rub it in
Original post by 5hyl33n
Those grades are not too bad. Did you have any extenuating circumstances? Also, change your username. GCSE's do not define you and you are not a failure in life. :smile:

Which universities are you thinking of applying to?

Surrey, Cardiff,Nottingham,Manchester(silver) any uni with like TEF gold i can get in to
Reply 7

I don’t think you’re a failure 🤗
Rainbow dinosaurs never lie 😉
Reply 8
ok g no need to rub it in

What? I've corrected their error. How am I "[rubbing] it in"?
Original post by Moonbow
I don’t think you’re a failure 🤗
Rainbow dinosaurs never lie 😉

does not relay help me with getting a job but thanks :smile:
Surrey, Cardiff,Nottingham,Manchester(silver) any uni with like TEF gold i can get in to

I think you should email those universities and see what they say :smile:

What did you get in GCSE English Language and Mathematics?
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think you should email those universities and see what they say :smile:

What did you get in GCSE English Language and Mathematics?

8 for maths and 4 for both English

Hi @Failure In Life,

What A Level subjects are you taking?

Our Civil Engineering BEng course requires ABB with Maths being one of these A-Levels. Looking at the course you want to do you may be able to find that the fact your 8 was in GCSE Maths opens some doors for you as some universities will have GCSE grades that students are also required to meet, ourselves included as we look for a minimum 6 in GCSE Maths.

If you have any questions about Loughborough feel free to drop us a PM and we will discuss this further with you.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
I am taking Further maths,maths.physics and computer science
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @Failure In Life,

What A Level subjects are you taking?

Our Civil Engineering BEng course requires ABB with Maths being one of these A-Levels. Looking at the course you want to do you may be able to find that the fact your 8 was in GCSE Maths opens some doors for you as some universities will have GCSE grades that students are also required to meet, ourselves included as we look for a minimum 6 in GCSE Maths.

If you have any questions about Loughborough feel free to drop us a PM and we will discuss this further with you.
Best Wishes,

Hi @Failure In Life,

That's brilliant! I only ask as our Civil Engineering programme requires A-Level Maths and preferably an additional science, which you meet through your subjects.

I would spend the time before applying building up a portfolio of things that you can discuss in your personal statement when you apply to universities. Whilst the current circumstances may make work experience difficult, look for alternative options that will help you showcase your passion for the subject and specific interests.

Best Wishes,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending