The Student Room Group

I can't take it anymore

I can't take it anymore. What can I do to deal with life's many problems?

Scroll to see replies

Pray
You can't fix everything, you just have to deal with it.
hey, it’s okay!

take a deep breath! maybe write down all the things that are worrying you? this might help relieve the stress!

tackle one thing at a time! work out the thing that is making life hardest and start at that!

I’m sure you’ll be okay! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by babyshark
hey, it’s okay!

take a deep breath! maybe write down all the things that are worrying you? this might help relieve the stress!

tackle one thing at a time! work out the thing that is making life hardest and start at that!

I’m sure you’ll be okay! :smile:

Thank you for your replies. What if the most pressing issue are the slowest and take the most time to solve? My problem is that I get stuck at those and it prevents me from working on other things
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your replies. What if the most pressing issue are the slowest and take the most time to solve? My problem is that I get stuck at those and it prevents me from working on other things

then maybe work at smaller simpler things! small victories are still victories!
Reply 6
I'm very fast in general and I feel more comfortable finishing things quickly so it frustrates me when there are big blocks in the way
Reply 7
I suppose it's where you have to figure out what can be changed, how long it will take to change, how much effort/what will you need to change it and also what can't be changed, and learning to let go of the things that can't be changed.
Reply 8
Original post by Pathway
I suppose it's where you have to figure out what can be changed, how long it will take to change, how much effort/what will you need to change it and also what can't be changed, and learning to let go of the things that can't be changed.

perfect sense but easier said than done
Reply 9
perfect sense but easier said than done

Of course. But you've not really said what the issues are, hence the generic advice.
Original post by Pathway
Of course. But you've not really said what the issues are, hence the generic advice.

I am facing financial and accommodation issues but I am very fast at studying and reading. The former hinders the latter because they require long-term solutions but I'm thinking how to put them aside so I can focus on what really matters and deal with them only when their time comes (although they require a lot of mental energy, the actual 'work time' needed to resolve them is minimal)
Properly!

Thank you for directing me towards this, appreciate it
I am facing financial and accommodation issues but I am very fast at studying and reading. The former hinders the latter because they require long-term solutions but I'm thinking how to put them aside so I can focus on what really matters and deal with them only when their time comes (although they require a lot of mental energy, the actual 'work time' needed to resolve them is minimal)

Is this in relation to university? Is this an immediate issue? Are you eligible for student finance? How is the support from your family?
Original post by Pathway
Is this in relation to university? Is this an immediate issue? Are you eligible for student finance? How is the support from your family?

Yes. Yes. No. Available but needs a lot of 'communication' work to gather and I lack in social skills.
Yes. Yes. No. Available but needs a lot of 'communication' work to gather and I lack in social skills.

Hmm, okay, feel free to not answer, but do you have a good relationship with your family or is it strained? Are they able/willing to help do you think? Would taking a year out to work to get money be an option? Remember, university can be done at any age.
Reply 15

I think you just need to develop a really strong mindset to get through life. The problems you face now, you most likely won't be facing them in the future because even if you deal with different problems in the future- the fact is that there is an end to every problem that you face & the stronger you learn to become through the experience of life & it's issues, the easier it will be for you to deal with them as life goes on. And if you need help to become stronger and to deal, there are many options available. Counselling, talking to someone who understands you or even talking out loud to yourself and reminding yourself there isn't anything you can't get through. If you're more spiritual, then praying to God is always helpful. Surrounding yourself with good people, who remind you of how strong you are, or even writing down your thoughts/feelings when it gets too much and you have no one to speak too. Just don't be afraid to ask for help whenever you need it because I know it's easier said than done but trust me there is nothing you can't get through. Life is full of surprises & changes and in a few years time, you'll wonder why you stressed so much about your current problems.
Make a list of problems and tackle them one by one :smile: or think of ways to do so
Reply 17

Saw this post just now, i just want to life has its funny way of leading you to your true happiness. I am not going to go and act like I know what you are going through because I don't and you don't have to trust someone over the internet but still, everyone goes through hard stages in life. Whether that is more harder for you but wont be for someone else, you can push through it.
Dealing with life's problem is the only way in which can show you strength and overall happiness, but if you give up now, what was the point starting. Life is like a game, you either be played or be the player.
Start off with pointing the problems out, deciding how you can remove/minimize it from effecting your mental health and then believe in yourself to do that.
Now as everyone will say, Life is tough; if you play your cards right it won't.
I hope this post comes to you safely and here to talk.
With God all things are possible have faith and believe in yourself .It is said self encouragement is the key to all .Don't give up so soon many are dead or suffering from one thing or the other but you are alive and healthy 😉💪 so there is still hope for tomorrow may hay while the sunshine. I believe in you
Reply 19
Take life easy
pray
believe
and talk to God

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending