The Student Room Group

Healthcare summer jobs/work exp/internships

Hi,

I'm doing Aerospace engineering and have just finished my first year. I really want to do a care related work experience or job over summer as most engineering internships don't really take first years esp at the moment. Is there anything I can apply to or volunteer to do in the NHS that is care related and will take me in on such short notice? I plan on only working until uni starts again and pay isn't really a problem (i'd be willing to do voluntary work) I just want this summer not to go to waste and i'm not really sure how I go about applying given i'm not from a health related degree.

Thanks
Original post by I ASK QUESTIONS
Hi,

I'm doing Aerospace engineering and have just finished my first year. I really want to do a care related work experience or job over summer as most engineering internships don't really take first years esp at the moment. Is there anything I can apply to or volunteer to do in the NHS that is care related and will take me in on such short notice? I plan on only working until uni starts again and pay isn't really a problem (i'd be willing to do voluntary work) I just want this summer not to go to waste and i'm not really sure how I go about applying given i'm not from a health related degree.

Thanks

Hi there,

Your best bet would be to contact your local volunteering centre as lots of NHS and community care related volunteering roles will be organised through here. Just pop your postcode into the search bar here ncvo.org.uk/ncvo-volunteering/find-a-volunteer-centre

Otherwise you could try volunteering vacancy sites like do-it.org and vinspired.com, where charitable organisations advertise for specific positions.

Hope that helps, best of luck - Mark

Quick Reply

Latest