The Student Room Group

Cifas marker, car insurance

I’m 18 and learning how to drive a car. When I pass I’ll share a car with my mum and sister. I did something stupid 2 years ago and am completely responsible but I’m very worried about the multi-car insurance. My mum doesn’t know and I don’t want her to find out. Would everything still be okay when I’m added as the third driver? My mum pays monthly. I don’t know much about car insurance yet but is there a way I could pay my bit yearly or something? Thanks for reading

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please answer🥺
Reply 2
Original post by Kitty900
I’m 18 and learning how to drive a car. When I pass I’ll share a car with my mum and sister. I did something stupid 2 years ago and am completely responsible but I’m very worried about the multi-car insurance. My mum doesn’t know and I don’t want her to find out. Would everything still be okay when I’m added as the third driver? My mum pays monthly. I don’t know much about car insurance yet but is there a way I could pay my bit yearly or something? Thanks for reading

You'll find many insurers won't want to touch you.
Reply 3
Insurance is a high risk industry. Very much open to abuse by way of fraud.

You'll struggle to find an insurer, and yes it is through your own fault
Reply 4

You’ll 100% be able to get a yearly car insurance as my mate is in the same situation as you and his paying yearly for his insurance. with a monzo Don't listen to these fools on here as they have no idea about a cifas marker.
Reply 5
Original post by Israr135
You’ll 100% be able to get a yearly car insurance as my mate is in the same situation as you and his paying yearly for his insurance. with a monzo Don't listen to these fools on here as they have no idea about a cifas marker.

Omg this is the first time I’ve heard someone actually getting car insurance whilst having a cifas marker. I have a monzo too btw. Is there anyway you can go into more detail about this on here or DMs honestly I really need to know if your friend has to look for a local insurer or the usual ones online. Thanks so much
Reply 6

What part of "You'll find many insurers won't want to touch you." was incorrect?

I forgot not having a CIFAS marker is foolish!

How extortionate is their premiums compared to what it would be if they were foolish enough not to have a CIFAS marker?
Reply 8
Omg this is the first time I’ve heard someone actually getting car insurance whilst having a cifas marker. I have a monzo too btw. Is there anyway you can go into more detail about this on here or DMs honestly I really need to know if your friend has to look for a local insurer or the usual ones online. Thanks so much

Yea you can send me your dm and another thing Is that you can use any car insurance company because when you pay yearly the companies do not do any sort of credit checks.
Reply 9
Yea you can send me your dm and another thing Is that you can use any car insurance company because when you pay yearly the companies do not do any sort of credit checks.

This is not the first time as you can check many people got their car insurances while having a cifas but the only thing is you cannot pay monthly.
Original post by IWMTom
What part of "You'll find many insurers won't want to touch you." was incorrect?

Your incorrect pal
Reply 11

I did something stupid 2 years ago

So I put what OP said in bold AND italics... just in case it wasn't clear enough for you the first time.

Someone else does something stupid by their own admission which gets in the way of them getting a good insurance quote and WE are the fools?

Ok chief.

"You'll struggle to find insurance" isn't the same as "you won't get insurance" (which nobody said)

Insurance companies do do fraud checks, however, and a first-party misuse of facility CIFAS marker such as the OP (probably) has will mean that the overwhelming majority of insurers will not quote. This shouldn't be difficult to understand: would you offer to insure the car of a known fraudster?
Original post by Reality Check
Insurance companies do do fraud checks, however, and a first-party misuse of facility CIFAS marker such as the OP (probably) has will mean that the overwhelming majority of insurers will not quote. This shouldn't be difficult to understand: would you offer to insure the car of a known fraudster?

How will they find out if the yearly insurance doesn’t do credit checks.
Reply 14

Insurers do credit checks.

The comparison sites do them too.

Always. It is for identity check and fraud prevention purposes...

I just told you: they do fraud checks. Fraud checks are different from a credit check with a CRA because you want to pay monthly. Insurers still do a 'credit check' for identity and fraud purposes, with lots of databases.

But anyways my point is that you can get a car insurance and you won’t struggle.
Reply 17
Original post by FRS500
So I put what OP said in bold AND italics... just in case it wasn't clear enough for you the first time.

Someone else does something stupid by their own admission which gets in the way of them getting a good insurance quote and WE are the fools?

Ok chief.

"You'll struggle to find insurance" isn't the same as "you won't get insurance" (which nobody said)

Honestly guys this isn’t worth arguing over, I didn’t know the consequences of doing something like this and now I’m paying for it and that’s okay with me. It’s a life lesson to never take short cuts and that’s that. I know lots of insurers wont touch me or whatever because it is serious but I’m really just asking you to offer a solution than tell me what I already know thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
But anyways my point is that you can get a car insurance and you won’t struggle.

Thanks for your help, you’ve given me confidence in this as I lost all hope
Honestly guys this isn’t worth arguing over, I didn’t know the consequences of doing something like this and now I’m paying for it and that’s okay with me. It’s a life lesson to never take short cuts and that’s that. I know lots of insurers would touch me or whatever because it is serious but I’m really just asking you to offer a solution than tell me what I already know thanks!

Don’t listen to these negative people as I personally know someone who got insurance and many other people who are in your situation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending