The Student Room Group

MU Plovdiv 2020 ENTRY

There isn't a thread for us, so here it is
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm also applying to Plovdiv! Are you applying to the medicine course?
Reply 2
Hi!
I'm not applying to Plovdiv, but I'm a final year medical student from Portugal and I did my Erasmus in Plovdiv.
I met about ten students in the English section of the course and they all loved it :smile:
During my semester there I only took surgery, obstetrics and pediatrics. The teachers were very nice and very expedient, but most did not speak english. Foreign students were expected to learn Bulgarian in their first years.
Also, the hospital is not as modern as hospitals in Portugal and in the UK. Be prepared for a bit of a cultural shock in that sense.
The city is beautiful and everything is amazingly affordable. The medical students residencies were renovated recently and are very nice. They don't have a kitchen but there is a canteen and students can get a small fridge and put it in their room for snacks. I payed 80€/month for my room and the meals in the canteen were 1,5€, approximately.
I hope you all have fun in Plovdiv :smile:
Let me know if you have any questions.
Is it too late to apply to medicine at Plovdiv for 2020 entry?
Original post by studentmay2001

no, all the documents have to be submitted by 15th July. Also, the entrance exams are coming up so its best to start applying now. Are you planning to go with an agency?
Original post by studentmay2001

They have entrance exams coming up in June, July, August and September so you’re okay to start your application now 😊
Has anyone sat the entrance exam on 22 May? If so, how was it?
How is everyone preparing for the online entrance exam?
What score do you guys thing will be enough for medicine? Like would 28/36 be enough? Also, is it true that you get automatically accepted if you get over 5.50 on both exams? Shouldn't be too hard if the sample tests are similar to the real ones tbh
Also does anyone know what these conditional requirements are?
(edited 3 years ago)
Btw does anyone know what the rankings were like last year? The university has apparently removed them from their site completely for some reason
Original post by corporal245
Btw does anyone know what the rankings were like last year? The university has apparently removed them from their site completely for some reason

Hey ! As i have applied for the medical university of Plovdiv i have check the rankings and they were really good .. Actually it was one of the reasons that i have chose it . Additionally, the medical facility and the education in environment is also good !
Original post by Studymed318
Hey ! As i have applied for the medical university of Plovdiv i have check the rankings and they were really good .. Actually it was one of the reasons that i have chose it . Additionally, the medical facility and the education in environment is also good !

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant the rankings for acceptance :biggrin:. Like, on their site they say that to get in the ranking list to possibly become an accepted student, you need to have at least 24 points out of a maximum 36.
Does anyone know of anyone who sat the exam on 22 may? It would be really useful to know how they found the exam and how they revised for it
Anyone here applying through medconnect ? Also are you guys going to stay in dorms
Or private accommodation ?
Original post by Chez231
Anyone here applying through medconnect ? Also are you guys going to stay in dorms
Or private accommodation ?

hey I'm applying through MedConnect, I asked about accommodation and they said they'll sort it all out after the exams as I'm doing the July ones :smile:
Original post by queeniebeeni
hey I'm applying through MedConnect, I asked about accommodation and they said they'll sort it all out after the exams as I'm doing the July ones :smile:

Oh awesome , are you a graduate or a school leaver ? I’m gonna sit the exam on the 29th of August
Original post by Chez231
Oh awesome , are you a graduate or a school leaver ? I’m gonna sit the exam on the 29th of August

I've finished year 13 and am waiting for my results in August
Original post by queeniebeeni
I've finished year 13 and am waiting for my results in August

Oh Goodluck ! I’m a grad (:
Reply 18
Hey, I'm applying through medconnect! I'm most probably going to be looking for private accommodation but I need to sort out the entrance exam first, I'm sitting the July exam!
Original post by Rb._23
Hey, I'm applying through medconnect! I'm most probably going to be looking for private accommodation but I need to sort out the entrance exam first, I'm sitting the July exam!

Grad or school leaver ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending